cant find ID

slclark73

Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
AL
I am having exact same problem. I purchased my 2007 chevy silverado used. The dealership is giving me the runaround and can't seem to find the XM Radio ID and didn't provide me with the XM Radio manual and cant even tell me info on brand of factory installed XM Radio with AM/FM/XM with single CD player. They told me it is XM Ready and said they don't ask for all this info from previous owner when taking in a used vehicle. Can I go to any chevy dealership? How do I remove the radio to get the info? What are all my options? Thanks

I broke your post off an old thread. Sometimes its easier to start a new thread

I thought the ID you could see by going to channel 1 then hitting channel down (or in some cases turning the knob left) but you should be able to go to a chevy dealership or call them. They should know where the ID is (if my info is wrong)

Press the band button on the radio. It will cycle FM, XM and AM. If it only cycles between FM and AM then the truck may not have the tuner installed, broken or disconnected. The tuner is mounted behind the glove box. The radio id is on channel 0, channel 1 is the preview channel.

Yes you can take the truck to any Chevy dealer if you are not sure the truck has a XM tuner. They may charge you, but if you get a service advisor who knows where the tuner is, you might not get charged because he or she was smart enough to look for it and tell you if you have one or not.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts