Can't find tp Freq 11842

The G19 signal is not weak in South Georgia.

Try looking for a mechanical problem:

• Optimized SQ on another transponder not 11842 (11842 TP is slightly off axis from other transponders on the G19 satellite)
  • Tree or building slightly blocking line of sight to the satellite
  • Warped Dish - Perform a string test and correct id strings do not lightly touch
  • Bent or incorrectly positioned LNBF arm
  • LNBF Rotation (skew) - Check GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV for setting
  • Bad coax cable or fitting - Try temp or replace with quality RG6 or better
  • Terrestrial RF interference - Try moving the dish towards the ground

I got a wonderful signal in Montezuma GA on G19, so something must be wrong with the aim or maybe you have an obstruction. I got everything I already had programed in. CHECK the skew. I seem to remember there was a strange skew in that area (... or maybe that was up in Macon / Robins AFB area where I had some interference.)

Hello,

I want to thank Glorystar1 for answering my concern about finding a quality signal on G19. His post below.

• Optimized SQ on another transponder not 11842 (11842 TP is slightly off axis from other transponders on the G19 satellite)
  • Warped Dish - Perform a string test and correct id strings do not lightly touch
  • LNBF Rotation (skew) - Check GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV for setting
The dish is one of 6 I and my friends have set up using AMC4 witn no problem. This dish is located on a Glorystar supplied post wall mounted into masonry at a level of about 4 feet off the ground. There is nothing between the dish and open sky. The dish worked fine on AMC4. It has not been physically altered since with the exception of replacing the lnb bracket and changing the rotation and elevation. The post is plumb, the dish is true. It is located near W99.00 and W82.91.

With the post and bracket marked, we found the AMC4 satellite, then panned to the east. An extremely weak and fleeting signal was found at the expected lateral distance from AMC4. On channel 101 with the new 200C receiver connected (with one new short cable directly through the window) we can only find a variable sq of mid 30's. We once took our hands off the dish and just by chance we had sq of 55. In the immediate attempt to fine tune the quality, it went down to the 0-5 range.

We tried the new dual lnbf set up, which tech support directed to abandon and replace with the single.

A new dish is on order now and should be here in a week. Has anyone tried this on a Sodoun 6ft. dish?

We have now attempted finding G19 with a good signal with 2 dishes and 3 receivers with the same result. We have 2 other church members who are without programing as we can't seem to make one G19 receiver work. We want to resolve this issue and get the other members back on line. Also, we have a receiver and dish at the church. It is not as well accessable so we want to know what we are doing before going up above the roof to make this change.

Does Glorystar have any idea what this satellite change has done to us?

Thanks for any help we can get.

Was your dish warped?

Hello,

I want to thank Glorystar1 for answering my concern about finding a quality signal on G19. His post below.

The dish is one of 6 I and my friends have set up using AMC4 witn no problem. This dish is located on a Glorystar supplied post wall mounted into masonry at a level of about 4 feet off the ground. There is nothing between the dish and open sky. The dish worked fine on AMC4. It has not been physically altered since with the exception of replacing the lnb bracket and changing the rotation and elevation. The post is plumb, the dish is true. It is located near W99.00 and W82.91.

With the post and bracket marked, we found the AMC4 satellite, then panned to the east. An extremely weak and fleeting signal was found at the expected lateral distance from AMC4. On channel 101 with the new 200C receiver connected (with one new short cable directly through the window) we can only find a variable sq of mid 30's. We once took our hands off the dish and just by chance we had sq of 55. In the immediate attempt to fine tune the quality, it went down to the 0-5 range.

We tried the new dual lnbf set up, which tech support directed to abandon and replace with the single.

A new dish is on order now and should be here in a week. Has anyone tried this on a Sodoun 6ft. dish?

We have now attempted finding G19 with a good signal with 2 dishes and 3 receivers with the same result. We have 2 other church members who are without programing as we can't seem to make one G19 receiver work. We want to resolve this issue and get the other members back on line. Also, we have a receiver and dish at the church. It is not as well accessable so we want to know what we are doing before going up above the roof to make this change.

Does Glorystar have any idea what this satellite change has done to us?

Thanks for any help we can get.

Thank you, GaryZ

Regarding the warping of the dish.
I had checked it before and again the other day by putting it on the flat garage floor. It was always within a quarter inch.

After your question, I did a 'string' test with electrical tape. (no one else to hold the other string). It was close. It only took a little force to bring it extremely close. I moved each tape along the edge and found it not warped.

I scanned for G19 again. I was able to get sq of 60 or so on AMC4, but only in the low 30's on G19. I slowly moved the dish side to side(compass 212.6) and up and down (48.3 degrees)... no improvement, just loss of signal. Also, I moved the lnbf closer to the dish and farther away. I adjusted the skew on both sides of the suggested +24.38. No improvement.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Bill

Your dish is warped and must be corrected if the dish edge is not laying COMPLETELY flat or if the strings do not touch. Close means it is warped.

You might also consider hiring a professional with a spectrum analyzer to see if there is terrestrial interference in your area. The tech should also check the Carrier to Noise ratio and might be able to suggest a solution.

It is highly unlikely that all of the systems in your church congregation that are having reception issues are caused by the same issue. You probably will find varied causes between the locations. We often receive a call from an individual stating that EVERYONE in his chuch is having the same problem with their satellite system then we determine that the TV is on channel 4 instead of channel 3..... presto problem is fixed and we never hear from anyone else..... Well, you get the picture!

BTW... GloryStar did not move the Adventist channels, but rather the channels themselves decided to move to reach move viewers and increase the footprint. Even though this move is causing an incredible work load on the Glorystar customer service team, we applaud their decision!!! Why pay a similar monthly bill to broadcast to the 250,000 member choir on AMC4 when they can reach the estimated 5 million viewers on Galaxy19?

Last edited:
So a so called warped dish will pick up A4 without any issues, but dish must be perfect to pick up G19, such a strange situation, but must be good for selling glory star dishes. Just doesn't sound right.

So a so called warped dish will pick up A4 without any issues, but dish must be perfect to pick up G19, such a strange situation, but must be good for selling glory star dishes. Just doesn't sound right.
It is true - I have re-pointed well over 100 dishes from AMC4 to G19, I have had to replace dishes that were working fine on AMC4 but would not lock/hold signal on G19. 3ABN was THE strongest signal in the sky when they broadcast on AMC4 - not so anymore on G19.
Bob

I worked on a 2-LNB system today that was having issues with low Q on 11842 on G19. Q on 3ABN was at 37 peaked. After the 1.2m dish (upgrade from .75m) was installed and peaked, still the same. All other TPs had 75+ Q. I removed the diseqc switch, put in a barrel, problem solved! Q on 3ABN jumped to 80+ First time I've seen a switch fail in that fashion. New switch on order, so we can get AMC4 back on line.

Best Regards, Eric

It is true - I have re-pointed well over 100 dishes from AMC4 to G19, I have had to replace dishes that were working fine on AMC4 but would not lock/hold signal on G19. 3ABN was THE strongest signal in the sky when they broadcast on AMC4 - not so anymore on G19.
Bob

Ok, so is thats because 3ABN was so strong on A4, or is it because its much weaker on G19, well I guess that the same difference. Sounds like the Adventist channels need to have more power to give a stronger signal on G19.

I do have acceptable quality of mid 50s on viewsats, and 80s to mid 90s on coolsats, but it sure was a lot harder & took a lot more time to do so on G19.

I had this same issue the other day. If I would stand behind the dish, grab both sides, and pull slightly, I could get it to go from 40 to 70. I was able to get acceptable performance after loosening all the bolts in the dish mount and arm assembly and fiddling with them a bit.

I'm wondering if the new GloryStar dish will be just like the old one...

Unless the current dish is bent and not able to be corrected or straightened, a new dish probably won't make a difference. Instead of throwing all new equipment at the problem and seeing what sticks, why not hire a professional with the right test gear to determine signal integrity and determine how to correct? Maybe the dish only needs to be moved to another location to provide shielding from possible terrestrial interference?

It is not so much that it is weaker, for some reason when you bump the dish to the east a little 11842's signal increases.

I have done several Glorystar re-points, most of them with the 36 inch Glorystar dual LNBF dish. Even though in theory this dish should not have to be realigned, a few transponders on Galaxy 19 are off azimuth which is making it a lot harder to have good signal quality on all channels.

What I have noticed here in Ontario, Canada is if the dish is aligned for maximum signal on 11842, signal on 12177 is either very weak or non-existent. Until the 11842 azimuth issue is resolved, the only option is aligning the dish to balance the signal quality between 11842 and 12177. Also, please keep in mind that that this issue impacts multiple LNB dishes considerably more as offset LNB's are more sensitive to off-azimuth alignment.

Any update on realigning the off-azimuth transponders on Galaxy 19? Is this an uplink or a satellite issue?

New equipment was suggested by the thech support folks.

We are in a rural area. "Professionals" are no where near. They are very expensive. Some don't know any more about stuff than we do.

There was no terrestrial interference before G19. The signal integrity was fine before. Carier to Noise ratio was acceptable before.

The only difference is 4 degrees east and slightly higher elevation. The rest is what comes from the different bird.

I have only questioned the integrity and strength of G19 in the 2 locations we have tried. The other 3 locations have not yet been tried. Two failures make us kinda gun shy to try the others.

Are you able to Lock any Transponders on AMC 4 again?
Have you tried new cable?
Even though you have given the Dish a String test, "eyeball" the Rim from one side to the other, if warped, it will have a slight Pringles Chip shape to it.
With that out of the way.....
Can you List all the entries from the G19 Setup Menu?

Quote from pwrsurge: Any update on realigning the off-azimuth transponders on Galaxy 19? Is this an uplink or a satellite issue?

Excellent question that I think Glorystar/SES1 people should answer.

Agreed, it is very strange indeed that one transponder would be at a slightly different azimuth. Are the transponders split between two satellites at this point, and are they that far apart?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)