Can't find tp Freq 11842

dbg

Original poster
May 5, 2010
Calgary, AB
Have changed dish to G19. Finds all other transponders but cannot find Freq 11842. Have it programed in correctly. No signal quality though. Have a Viewsat Ultra light. Also is LLBN off of AMC 4 already?

You may have to move your dish slightly to the east seems like from the testing they did you get a better signal. Mark your position on the pole and then give it a slight nudge to the east and see if you can get it.

Thanks everyone for the info. Was able to talk to someone locally and it seems that I have a hardware issue. This Viewsat Ultra Lite may not be the best reciever around. I do have an older Fortec Star and will give it a try. The Ultra Lite will not do a blind scan.

Got it on the viewsat. Picked up a sat finder and just was off a bit. Not sure why i missed it before. Oh well thanks again to those who tried to help me out.

Are you finding that TP much weaker than the other on the bird? I've done a few repoints here in eastern ME and generally find 3ABN 0n 11842 to be quite weak. One customer is getting a 1.2m dish just to keep lock. Average Q seems to run 35-40 while other TPs are 70-90.

Thanks, Eric

Are you finding that TP much weaker than the other on the bird? I've done a few repoints here in eastern ME and generally find 3ABN 0n 11842 to be quite weak. One customer is getting a 1.2m dish just to keep lock. Average Q seems to run 35-40 while other TPs are 70-90.

Thanks, Eric

It is not so much that it is weaker, for some reason when you bump the dish to the east a little 11842's signal increases.

It is not so much that it is weaker, for some reason when you bump the dish to the east a little 11842's signal increases.

Yes, that does help a little, however 11842 seems to be a weaker transponder than a lot of the others. I finally got up to 50 where lots of the others are up to above 70, I'm quite dissappointed with the move so far. Also now the sound on the 3abn channels is quite a bit lower than others. Hope this changes soon.

Yes, that does help a little, however 11842 seems to be a weaker transponder than a lot of the others. I finally got up to 50 where lots of the others are up to above 70, I'm quite dissappointed with the move so far. Also now the sound on the 3abn channels is quite a bit lower than others. Hope this changes soon.

Yes it is a lower signal then AMC-4... I have the dual LNB Glorystar dish with the DVR1100c and the best signal strength I can get is 60% I am happy with the move because of the extra Channels. The sound seems the same to me... except when I use AC-3 which I have to crank up the volume in order to hear it. You may try adjusting the Skew and maybe slide the LNB in or out a little.

Ah! good idea. I've been using my Birdog. Next trip over there, I'll use the STB/TV at the dish method.

Thanks! Eric

I had a similar situation. AMC4 was working fine. I moved the dish and re-programmed the MercuryII and could only get a very low quality signal. The support people suggested I get a new receiver and lnb. I did that and have the same situation. It seems the G19 signal is weak in this area. (south central Georgia). Even the new DSR200c only finds a weak signal qualtiy in a very small unstable dish position. HELP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts