Cant get Dish to stop calling my celll phone!! sometimes 4x a day for an account I dont have!!!

Even in the instance of a collection call, your rights as a consumer allow you to advise the debt collector that you wish no further calls from them. At this point they can attempt to mail you or to refer the matter for legal action but they CAN NOT call you further and if they do it is considered to be harassment and you have legal recourse. Not saying that you really have a desire to take this course, but it is there. Once you notify them that you wish no further calls document that, document who you spoke with date time etc. Then should they call you again keep record of that and take all this information to your favorite attorney. Hmm is there really such a thing as a favorite attorney? :rolleyes:
That only applies to third party debt collectors. And the notice has to be via mail. The original debt holder can continue calling. Hear this frequently from The People's Lawyer on one of the Houston morning news programs.

Another hassel is if you have not had the cell phone number a very long time. In some areas if you disconnect your cell phone service the number can be reassigned in as little as 30 days. So, even if you have had your cell phone a year, or two it could have been someone elses when they set up their dish account.

Not to be an alarmist, but I would also check to make sure you aren't being a victim of identity theft. I agree that contacting DIRT here would give you the best and prompt service.

I have had calls like these in the past and I reported them to the DNC complaint, I didn't care if nothing could be done, because the calls stopped after, so somewhere somebody got the message.

I have been receiving cell phone calls from Dish Network 866-668-8047 telling me I haven't paid my bill. I don't have Dish Network and never have had Dish Network and never will have Dish Network.

My cell phone is for my business (it's on my business cards, letterhead, website, etc), so changing the number is put of the question and, quite honestly should never be an option.

Even Pizza companies will call me back on the phone number I give them, just to confirm the phone number so they can deliver a $5 pizza!!! How is it that Dish Network cannot confirm a phone number before signing anyone up for service? That would eliminate all the "wrong" number issues assigned to an account. It would further address the issues associated with cell phone companies re-issuing numbers from canceled plans, that were used on previous business agreements.

One simple call to the number given by the supposed "honest" customer, would clear up the mess. Instead, DISH Network just signs up anyone that can pull a number out of a hat or body orifice and then harasses the the person that really has that number. It's like the colleges that sign up the homeless to get student loans...

If Dish Network says they can't do anything about it, they are wrong. I confirm EVERY phone number before completing any transaction and I avoid these exact problems. If I can do it, so can Dish Network. We operate on the K.I.S.S. principle and it works... why can't Dish Network?

Now, what will Dish Network do to clear up my issue... Matthew?

Please send me a PM with the phone number that you are being contacted at and I will see what I can do. Thank you!

this will fix it...change your voice mail greeting to " the number you are calling 555-555-5555 has been changed, the new number is 1-800-333-3474" then remain silent so that there will be a long period of time before they hear the beep. then simply wait for the problem to fix it self. your welcome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)