Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads when you become a member of SatelliteGuys Today! Membership is fast and FREE! CLICK HERE to sign up now!

Can't scan all the channels on 87w

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by Toonses, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Toonses

Toonses Thread Starter New Member

A few months ago, I was able to scan the rtv, tuff, and others on 87w with no problem. Lately, I can's get them to scan. I have a 12' Paraeclipse dish (well tuned), and a s10 openbox. I've tried "tweaking" the tp's up and down from 3920 and still don't have any luck. What am I doing wrong? :coffee Toonsescat

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. FaT Air

FaT Air HOA Free Zone Pub Member / Supporter

Probably nothing. I had a Q reading too low to lock when the TP first went up but later absolutely nothing. Tweaked dish and feed to no improvement. Been nothing ever since. Everything else on the satellite works great, just not this one. Was a thread on this a while ago. @ 137W RTV mux comes in just fine.

3. Blindowl1234

Blindowl1234 Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member

The Rtv stuff I get ok but it's more difficult. I took tv and receiver outside on a sunny day and tweaked away. Its locked at 70%

4. Magic Static

Magic Static SatelliteGuys Family Pub Member / Supporter

When they first changed over, I couldn't get signal on 87W, but it's strong now andI didn't do any reaiming.