Caprica -- *** Series Cancelled ***

Yeh, pretty much a yawner. Ratings down from previous finale. I'll dare say they will burn them off and say bye-bye.

That is the problem with SyFy. They have a program with a real plot and lots of complex story lines, show a few episodes, then make it wait 7 months before showing a few more. How do they expect viewers to remember the story line much less want to follow it?

It is one thing for shows like Eureka or Warehouse 13 where most episodes are self contained with very little in the long story arc going on to be chopped up like this, and another for a complex story.

First episode was ok, not great, but as always when a show is gone for SO LONG, it takes a bit to remember where things are going.

It had it's moments, but yeah, it was just ok overall. It was picking up some nice speed in the last 2-3 episodes of season 1, but now it's back to being pretty mundane. I hope it doesn't spend a lot of time in the doldrums...

That is the problem with SyFy. They have a program with a real plot and lots of complex story lines, show a few episodes, then make it wait 7 months before showing a few more. How do they expect viewers to remember the story line much less want to follow it?

It is one thing for shows like Eureka or Warehouse 13 where most episodes are self contained with very little in the long story arc going on to be chopped up like this, and another for a complex story.

It absolutely boggles the mind why they do this, with show after show. :(

What they're broadcasting is still Season One.

If anything, what cable networks have learned is that the typical American viewer, with such a limited attention span, sometimes abandons shows if they go 33 weeks without a new episode (as would be the case if they ran the season straight through without the hiatus).

What's hurting Caprica isn't the scheduling, but rather the content. While my family enjoys the series, we enjoy it for specific reasons that are the same reasons why so many viewers, including a large number of BSG fans, wouldn't like the series.

It is not that I dislike the series. It is OK. The long gap though really bothered me because it was not a good enough show to go back and watch all the episodes over again, so I forgot half of the plots.

*YAWN*

My gawd this show is boring! It was getting really good prior to the looong break. Now, aside from a few interesting moments, it's painfully dull. I don't believe I'm typing this: SGU is actually more interesting right now than Caprica...

And that is not saying much, considering how pathetic SGU is. :)

And that is not saying much, considering how pathetic SGU is. :)

Oddly enough, I'd rate my interest in SGU at a 6-7 (out of 1-10) whereas my interest in Caprica was about a 7-8 (pre-break) and is now around a 3-4 after two episodes. Aside from a few interesting scenes in each of those two episodes, I could just watch about 20 minutes of each episode and feel like I haven't missed a thing. That's pathetic for a series that was getting really interesting...

Oddly enough, I'd rate my interest in SGU at a 6-7 (out of 1-10) whereas my interest in Caprica was about a 7-8 (pre-break) and is now around a 3-4 after two episodes. Aside from a few interesting scenes in each of those two episodes, I could just watch about 20 minutes of each episode and feel like I haven't missed a thing. That's pathetic for a series that was getting really interesting...

I can't put SGU at above a 5 before or after. It only gets watched due to the HOPE of something SG1ish. Caprica was probably around a 6-8 before the break, it was interesting. Agreed, right now it stinks.

I can't put SGU at above a 5 before or after. It only gets watched due to the HOPE of something SG1ish. Caprica was probably around a 6-8 before the break, it was interesting. Agreed, right now it stinks.

I think my interest in SGU is spiking due to the lag in Caprica, to be honest. It's the "somekind of Stargate is better than no Stargate" thing. Caprica's previews are better than the full episodes have been thus far in the second half of the season. I'm watching 5 series right now, which is more than I've bothered to watch in years. Consequently, Caprica is competing for viewing time and right now, it's in the low end of my priority list. It needs to pick up the pace or it's going to lose it's timer. After the last 3 of the first half of the season, the first two of this half of the season have just stunk the place up, I agree.

*YAWN*

My gawd this show is boring! It was getting really good prior to the looong break. Now, aside from a few interesting moments, it's painfully dull. I don't believe I'm typing this: SGU is actually more interesting right now than Caprica...
Tell me about it. It started to get good up to the break (new cap city sequences, cylon breaking out, etc...). Then bam, no action sequence to show how they get the cylon, but boring crap.
Last weeks episode was so plodding and boring that I started to feel jealous of the guy who shot himself.

Strange.... I thought this week's episode was one of the first sub-standard episodes. Specifically, the scenes with Zoe and Tamara were especially flat - I'm not sure about Genevieve Buechner, but I know I've seen Alessandra Torresani act much better than that. And while the whole Amanda spying on Clarice plotline isn't bad, it is wearing thin with me.

Still, the Daniel Graystone scenes made up for both.

Strange.... I thought this week's episode was one of the first sub-standard episodes. Specifically, the scenes with Zoe and Tamara were especially flat -

You though them beating the cr*p out each other was flat?;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)