Change of Service Fee?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schaaf

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
It seems as if the change of service fee for D* is 10.00. Is this correct?
If I have a package and I drop down one level in service, they charge you a one time 10.00 fee correct? Not 10.00 every month right? Does this extend your contract, or only when you receive new equipment does this happen?

Thanks for everything!

I have another question too. It seems as though there are several different ways my equipment can be installed...

I just ordered D* and am getting choice xtra with HD-DVR. Thats the only receiver that I need for now.

I have a Dish network dish on my roof in the same spot a D* dish will need to go because of line of sight issues. There are 2 cables joined together coming from the dish into my house. From there only one gets used to go to the outlet in my living room where my VIP722 is. Based on what I have been reading here, they will need to run another cable to the outlet for the new receiver. Unless they install a SWM (Im not even sure what that means, and I have done a search on it.) but it seems as though not everyone gets that if they are even still installing them.

Now it would be down right impossible to get a second coax to that area of my house with out ripping up walls and ceilings (basement living room.) And there is NO way my wife is going to let them drape and staple coax across floors, halls, walls, ceilings and carpet to get there?

Am I screwed?

Haha, Ok?

Any other thoughts or ways to get around this?

From what I have gleaned, most all new installs are SWM,. I was going to switch from Dish to Direct and told them when ordering, I must have the SWM install. However, I ended up changing my mind and canceled. You might want to call back and make sure they note that on your order.

Well I noted in the remarks area of the install calendar that it needs to be an SWM install due to wiring issues and the basement location. I called D* and she said that she sees the note and that she would add to it, but couldn't guarantee anything.

Im hoping this is going to work out because I already boxed all my E* crap up and shipped it back. They are terrible and I never want to deal with them again. I just hope D*'s installers can do the SWM install because my only other HD option in my area is charter with their whole 20 channels of HD (including premiums) MEH.

What is the criterium for these SWMs? It seems not everyone is getting them. If they have the tech, why aren't they using it?

The supposed criterion is 5-8 tuners, but there have been exceptions. It's up to the HSP/installer. If they won't supply one, you can purchase your own SWM LNB and Power Inserter for ~$100 or less (best prices seem to be on eBay).

Will the installer hook it up if you have it or is this a DIY project. I dont even understand what a SWM or power inserter is, so I'm not sure how competent I could be in attempting to install it myself.

Will the installer hook it up if you have it or is this a DIY project. I dont even understand what a SWM or power inserter is, so I'm not sure how competent I could be in attempting to install it myself.

Stay with Dish.

Well I sent the 722 back already. They weren't willing to work anything out with me. (Had no contract with them, that may be why. I wanted a 722k and HD turbo gold with locals for 40/month. the same thing I was paying before they screwed my programing up and put me in AT250 with NO authorization from me what so ever. My bill was 2 times what it should have been.

I HATE DISH NETWORK.

I would have been more than willing to stay with them for what I wanted, but their customer service is horrid. Its almost worse than charter's. So D* is my only option, unless I get charter and wait six months and call dish back, but Im pretty sure that you have to be in a contract with dish at this point. For a while they were doing the no contract thing, but could still qualify for a free HDdvr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)