Change to TurboHD- Tip

tsanders3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Simpsonville, SC
I am a current customer and wanted to switch to the TurboHD Gold, Locals and DVR package. Called and after clicking threw got on hold then was told we can't help you at this time and the automated voice hung up on me. So I tried the chat feature on the website and much to my surprise I was chatting with a real person right away. I told him what I wanted and he has able to do that no problem. The whole chat was less than 5 minutes. This was around 8:00pm EST.
The Dish Chat has been better for tech issues in the past for me than the phone. So I am going to use chat instead of phoning in the future when I have to communicate with them. Chat support seems to have better people and better response.

Generally I would agree, but just got off chat trying to discuss turbo gold, dvr, locals and cinimax with less than spectacular results.

Just used online chat to do the switch to Turbo HD Silver. Handled in a matter of minutes. Quick and painless. I'm saving $5/mo and could care less about the channels I'm losing. At least we won't have the 5 or so channels dedicated solely to Hannah Montana, I Carly, Suite Life, etc. Hopeully they'll add Nick HD for the kids though.

I emailed echostar at the ceo address and got a response from them stating that I wasn't eligible to upgrade to TurboHD package since I had a 510 reciever on my second TV but I have a 722 on my HDTV. I guess they need me to upgrade to a 622 or 722 on the second tv but that tv is a SD TV. I guess I'm stuck with my current plans unless they will upgrade my 510 without charging me. The CSR didn't say whether they were willing to upgrade for free. I don't understand why they gave me a 510 in the first place since I have a HD package and would probably upgrade that TV in the future once it goes out.

jeff, you could always "retire" the 510, save another 11 bucks a month, and run the second TV from TV2 of the 722.

I have found far better results with the chat feature vs. the phone CSR. I helped my buddy out to upgrade to HD yesterday and the phone CSR had NO idea what was going on. We used the chat feature and were done in about 10 min. Super easy.

I have had good success using the chat feature for Customer Service. I would much rather use it, because you can copy, cut and paste the entire conversation into a file and use it if necessary in the future regarding programming changes and/or commitments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts