changed from choice xtra to choice, charged for both?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryan_j_t

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2008
MA
I just got my bill and noticed it was about $70 more than it usually is. Last month I changed from Choice Xtra classic to choice.

I called Directv and they said it was because I had access to both choice and choice xtra classic last month and that there were no supervisors to help me so they will have to call me back.

This does not seem right to me at all. Any suggestions on how I can get this straightened out?

You should of been issued a pro-rated credit for the canceled package. You used to be able to tell the automated system to cancel your service, and it would forward you to a CSR who actually knew how to do things. I don't think that works anymore.

It is a mistake, happened to me once years ago when changing packages. The rep added the new and didn't turn off the old.

Call back, or send an email, this should be an easy fix and they'll credit the previous month from when you called to change.

I just got my bill and noticed it was about $70 more than it usually is. Last month I changed from Choice Xtra classic to choice.

I called Directv and they said it was because I had access to both choice and choice xtra classic last month and that there were no supervisors to help me so they will have to call me back.

This does not seem right to me at all. Any suggestions on how I can get this straightened out?

That is not going to hold up to scrutiny. It isn't like one package isn't contained entirely within the other. It is an obvious double charge. They could just as well put a charge for every package below Choice Xtra Classic and bill you for that too by that logic. I could see if they wanted to charge you for Choice Xtra Classic if you still had access to it, but that would be their mistake, not yours. They will have to fix it. I'd just call back until I got the right CSR. Threatening to cancel would probably get their attention too plus a few credits for your trouble.

talk to retention....they'll get it fixed

That's what I ended up having to do. It took 3 calls - 2 just asking for billing and the 3rd asking for retention. Each call lasting about 45 minutes. Great way to spend my day. Thanks for the input

easiest way to get to retention....at the "what do you want to do?"

CANCEL!

It wont cancel the service but get you to retention

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)