Channel Master 1.18.04

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Where can I get this without subscribing to a forum thats questionable?

I did goggle it and all I found were forums that you must subscribe to to get it.
thanks

I now see its in the stickys
has it been there for a while?

OK I DL the versions listed on the sticky.
I open it and try to import the file of all the channels
I found on the CS box.
I had used the thumb drive via USB port to save all the channel data
so I can organize it and put it back into the CS.
When I tried to import it said a serious error had occurred but wouldnt give me any details.
Forgive me for being lost but I just changed OS from 2000 pro to XP pro and still learning my way around it.
Is it possible to use the thumb drive to do what Im trying to do?
Any tips on how to do this without errors?

i use the coolsat loader & editor for my 5000 , i can use Channel master ( only to edit i have to use the coolsat loader) but its real easy to corrupt the channel list file. ( this makes it where the receiver can't use it.
best thing to try is get it a couple of times from your receiver. and name them differently like todays date the a b or c . then try to edit one and push it back to the coolsat. it sometimes takes a couple of times to get used to the procedure. i always try to save a good backup.

so after you import all your channels the way you want i think ( and this is for my coolsat ) you have to save the file as a ndf file ( the newer coolsats might be different). and upload it back to the stb

George do I need a loader to DL and UL files into my 6100?
When I was taking files from my CS 6100 it asked for a file name
I just typed in "ALL CHANNELS" as the file name and saved it like that.
Maybe thats what messed it up?
I then imported it as same into ChannelMaster and got the error.

i don't know what the newer coolsat can use the older ones had to use coolsats loader and then you could use Channelmaster . whats the file extension name from your channel list

mine are NDF files or look like xxxxx.ndf

The file is named fdl
I guess this is the new Coolsat file extension.
Anyone know anything about this?

What the loader for 6100?
I though that when they went USB it was all self contained.

Last edited:
Bump anyone know?

whoops file extension is FDU

Last edited:
the web site talks about using a "*The 6100 Private uses a Straight Data Cable"
(if everything else fail you can try the loader for the 5000 & 6000 its here on the site
but i would only do that as a last resort)

but the manual says you can download the information to a usb memory device

before you edit the channel list what is the file size of the fdl file. when you edit the channels list whats the files size after you finish.

another thing you can try is after you get the channel list from the coolsat rename that file and then edit the channel list and name that file the original file name that came from the coolsat.

it would look like this
original file.fdl --> rename this file to saved file.fdl
saved file.fdl --> edit this file and save it as original.fdl (you would end up with two files) saved.fdl and original.fld
load original.fdl file back to coolsat

other than file size the only thing i can think of is its flaking out over the file name

I suspect the file extension as George says is to blame but if the v2.4 loader is for the 4K,5K,6K
then its most likely that at fault as it says file not recognized .
Im guessing not many have caught up to the 6100,7000,8100HD.
I emailed CoolSat USA about a week ago asking about the use of
ChannelMaster and asked about what version of loader to use.
I havent got a response so maybe they arent too big on helping with
anything but the initial sale.It also says on website to have the dealer
you purchased from install any software. I contacted the dealer and they said they only sell them.....nothing more.
Hey Im just glad this isnt a new car or something for the run around Im getting.
Why wouldnt the loader be installed at the factory?
All the sats are pre programmed into it so why would that be too much to ask.
I tried the serial cable in lieu of USB memory and it didnt work either.

I dont know about the 6100. I know the 4000/5000/6000 its a ndf file

I deceided to call Coolsat and see what they said about the 6100 loader and also any interface with ChannelMaster.
It was a waste of time..."Yes we know we need to fix both those items,we are working on it..."
They will post a loader on the website in a few days if they can get an engineer to respond
(wouldnt hold breath on that one).
As for the interface with Channel Master he said "well it wont work with our units"
Funny lots of people use it for 4K,5K,6K.... "oh really?"Hence the promise to get a loader
that works with the 6100,7K,8100hd....WE'LL SEE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)