Status
Please reply by conversation.

GenBap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Southeast Missouri
receiver.jpglnb.jpgdishholder2.jpg

I just purchased this dish, lnb and receiver (not for FTA) for $20. Have the dish setup on 125W and it is working great. Using a universal lnb on it at the moment. The channel master lnb that came with the dish is single polarity. I have seen some older threads recommending lnb's for this feedhorn but is there a current recommendation that someone would make? Also is it possible to use the single polarity lnb with my pansat 2500a since it has some kind of polarity setting in it for each transponder? Hope this makes sense.

I can't see the back of the feedhorn. If its like the ones that I have, it uses a C120 flange. There are a few Dual Polarity LNB that will work.
I use Hughesnet. I am not familiar with a pansat 2500a. But I believe reguardless how you set the up the receiver, it can only receive the single polarity of the LNB. Either vertical or horizontal. but not both.

Gray

Impakt Products sells old Primestar LNBs that'll fit the feed horn.
Not sure what they have, but there were several kinds:
- single connector, voltage controlled for H/V
- dual connector, one dedicated to V, other dedicated to H (very strange by todays standards)
- dual connector, voltage controlled, you get either V or H on each connector.
- these all looked like a soup can.

Eagle Aspen sells bolt-on LNBs , too.
Google 'em.

And, there are surplus FSS LNBs from certain now-obsolete DishNetwork dishes, which bolt on.
They are bandstacked.
Shape is flat, 2"x3", and an inch thick. Feed mounts onto one of the flat sides.
You'll know 'em when you see 'em.

Eagle Aspen may sell LNBs that look the same, but are voltage controlled.
The docs say so, but I've never actually seen one.

You didn't post a picture of your LNB.
If it's about 2"x2", and three inches long, and looks like what's used on a BUD, that's single polarity.
Give us some bigger pictures we can zoom in on, and you'll get better answers.

The feedhorn is classic Channel Master / Andrew / Primestar
Nothing new, there.

edit:
Oh, and there are Invacom LNBs with that C-120 flange that'll bolt right on, too.
Often pretty expensive, though

re-edit:
Some of which are shown in this picture.
You figure it out. :up

Last edited:
So I am looking for a dual polarity lnb that will fit a c-120 flange. My google searches reveal more available in the UK than here, but at least I am on the right track. I guess there is really no hurry since the universal lnb I put on the dish is working fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts