Channel Master Targets Cord-Cutters With ‘Stream+’

I’m happy with their DTVPAL DVR and the DVR+.

But yep, like most companies, they follow the Microsoft model: Get it out the door! Marketing must be obeyed!

The box actually seems pretty solid. What has broken it is Google's Android TV, Google's war with Amazon, and whatever Netflix's problem is with it. "Live Channels" guide and scheduling seems to be an issue too. It does now support up to 2tb USB3 hard drives. If it did Netflix and Amazon, I'd keep it as a streamer. I've resolved my self to hanging with DirecTV sat for the present. They have a great guide and DVR. If they would integrate 4k streaming I'd stick with them. There lack of much 4k is making me want to go away.

I'm disappointed that so many are grousing about features that weren't claimed by Channel Master. Wishing and hoping aren't consistent producers of results.

The filesystem is perhaps the only real surprise I see but it isn't a huge shock when you consider that Android is under the hood. Efficiency is paramount when SoCs are involved and this explains why some of the other solutions recommend media servers over mass storage devices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)