Channels disappearing from Favorites menu on Hopper

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
Earlier this week I noticed that my WGN HD local channel 9 was no longer appearing in my Hopper Guide, so I checked my Favorites list and found that it was no longer checked. I re-checked it and saved everything and then it appeared back in the guide like it should... until the next day when it disappeared again. I went back and re-checked it a 2nd time and so far it is sticking, but now my ABC HD local channel 7 is missing from my favorites and I am not able to add it back in. Whenever I go into my favorites list and check the channel, the Hopper just doesn't seem to save the changes and it goes right back to being unchecked.

These types of bugs with basic functionality are getting very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have been having this same issue with random channels for the last few weeks. It almost seems like a quantity issue. If I reduce the number of channels in a favorites list it quits happening, at least for now.

This is a pretty common problem. You have to add 2 channels to get back the 1 you want and it's liable to disappear again, so you have to be persistent. I have found that there seem to be some stable numbers in favorites lists. I use all 4 lists for favs, movies, recordings and music and have found that 152, 29, 42 and 21 seem to be stable. I think that this is similar to the periodic table where some elements are stable and others not.:)

I have the same problem here on one of my hopper but not the other one. I also have the problem of it always going back to all channels and not staying on my Fav List I had it on.
Later,

John

I should add that this problem is not limited to the Hopper. I noticed last night that Channel 7 was also missing from the favorites list on my Joey. It has now disappeared from all 3 of my receivers (2 Hoppers and 1 Joey) at one time or another.

I also have the problem of it always going back to all channels and not staying on my Fav List I had it on.
Later,

John
That is a "feature" deliberately included by the Dish engineers. They say it reduces the number of customer service calls by people who complain that they aren't seeing all of their channels in the guide because they forgot they were in a Favorites list.

Personally, I think it's a pretty lame excuse. Plus, it doesn't do it on the Joey, so it can't be that important for them. And, it's a huge annoyance to customers.

They may be adding an option in the settings menu to be able to choose your default guide. So, that'll be nice, if it happens.

I should add that this problem is not limited to the Hopper. I noticed last night that Channel 7 was also missing from the favorites list on my Joey. It has now disappeared from all 3 of my receivers (2 Hoppers and 1 Joey) at one time or another.
I couldn't delete a channel from a Faves list on my Joey.

I ended up doing a factory reset, and was able to add/delete channels normally after that. I did have to reconfigure a half-dozen settings or so that were wiped during the reset.

CubsWin said:
Earlier this week I noticed that my WGN HD local channel 9 was no longer appearing in my Hopper Guide, so I checked my Favorites list and found that it was no longer checked. I re-checked it and saved everything and then it appeared back in the guide like it should... until the next day when it disappeared again. I went back and re-checked it a 2nd time and so far it is sticking, but now my ABC HD local channel 7 is missing from my favorites and I am not able to add it back in. Whenever I go into my favorites list and check the channel, the Hopper just doesn't seem to save the changes and it goes right back to being unchecked.

These types of bugs with basic functionality are getting very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

this happens all the time it's happened since I got the hopper. I have called and talked addition they said an update should be coming for that soon . realize they told me that with about 4 bugs in the system

Just had this happen to me for the first time (that I am aware). Local ABC disappeared and won't let me add it back. I can select it to add, then save. But I go back in and it is still unchecked and doesn't show in my favorites list.

I also had a problem with local ABC channel disappearing and impossible to add it back in HD. I had to delete the entire favorites list and start all over again. This was two weeks ago.

Used to have the problem with Hopper, now with Joey. Also with an ABC (OTA) channel.

I had the problem with Hoppers until S244. I can add and delete 1 channel at a time and the lists are staying stable. Prior to S244 channels that were dropped had to be put back by adding 2 channels.

I had the problem with Hoppers until S244. I can add and delete 1 channel at a time and the lists are staying stable. Prior to S244 channels that were dropped had to be put back by adding 2 channels.

Thanks for the tip. If I add two channels to my list, the first one being the missing one, then it shows up but the second doesn't so it is a valid work around.

So it really wasn't fixed in S244? Last I knew, everybody was saying it was :(

I think we need a new thread listing the outstanding bugs on the Hopper, for those of us waiting to upgrade til the bugs are fixed!

I still have this issue, all updates current. I've noticed that generally if you have more than one favorites list, the first one entered is most likely to have this issue, for whatever that's worth. I'll try the workaround and see if that works. I have 3 Hoppers and two of them display this frustrating issue. That's just weird.