Channels in Blockbuster @HOME

BB@Home is a nice package for some extra HD channels-- the SD channels are not in my favorite list as I do not watch them--with the exception of Supernatural on CW--and it's not part of BB@Home--i just pointed this out to show the only series I watch in SD is from Superstation KWGN-- as there is no CW affiliate in my DMA..
Also, remember the so called HD channels --Centric and Logo do not have any HD content--unless they've changed in the last few months--and I could be wrong and that would not be the 1st time.

It's nice to have the channels alone. Remember. The blockbuster package is just the dish platinum with a more recognizable name.

I had it when they still did the disc rentals too. When that was discontinued we dumped it. Wasn't worth the extra $10 to us anymore.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You get/do what you want!
I do. And support anyone else that wants it it doesn't. I just don't get people wanting to change it, subscribe to it, then get mad because it's not what they want to change it too. I'm not saying that's in this thread, but happens more often then not.

Reactions: Mojo Jojo
I do. And support anyone else that wants it it doesn't. I just don't get people wanting to change it, subscribe to it, then get mad because it's not what they want to change it too. I'm not saying that's in this thread, but happens more often then not.
Some people were just born to complain. Pathetic, isn't it?

Someone posted the question of what channels are in Blockbuster @HOME? So here is the answer... (And you also get many many movies and shows via On Demand as well as part of the BB@HOME package.)

What channels do I get with Blockbuster @Home?

View attachment 103371

It would be worth it if those channels we in HD as advertised and showed up at all. Without the 3 EPIX channels in HD, Palladia and more, it's money down the drain. I know someone here one will state that we are on a "mix Arc" so don't waste you keystrokes.

They could name that Welcome Pack + BB@Home package ... HD Absolute ;)

I was afraid to post this at first, but about the day after, I was able to add BB@Home to our Welcome Pack (We had downgraded during the Turner dispute). I guess Dish actually reads on here and listens to us here.

B@H may be arguable as to its worth at $10 (I think it is worth it.) But, at the typically discounted rate of $5/mo (just attempt to drop it in MyDish, and you'll probably get the promo offer), it's definitely worth without a shadow of a doubt.
As long as Dish keeps letting me have it for $5/mo, I keep it. At $10/mo, I would probably drop it....

I probably watch more movies on the BB on Demand channels than any other. It is definitely worth it to me. (And yes, I check to see if they are on Netflix first.) There are a lot of movies on these channels that are not on Netflix.

Reactions: TheKrell
How does BB@Home make sense with the new Netflix app coming to HWS. Further, when I explore BB@Home and ON DEMAND, I see the very same content. There, to may experience is NO DIFFERENCE in either of those portals. I think it is time for Dish to just give up the whole Blockbuster mess and retire the name and just stick with ON DEMAND. Sadly, Blockbuster has slipped further into obscurity since Dish bought it/the name. Dish is an excellent MVPD, but they seem incapable of doing well in any other type of business. Now, all we need now if for Dish to finance an exclusive on Dish TV Series as DirecTV (Netflix and Amazon, as well) have done and join the club.

I like the BB@Home package and would hate to see it get dropped after finally being able to add it.

However, I wonder why Dish did not try to integrate the Blockbuster streaming service, or was that dropped like the stores, too? (I have never used the On Demand because we do not have a DVR, but I am thinking it is different than the streaming service...I may be wrong or/and confused....)

It would be worth it if those channels we in HD as advertised and showed up at all. Without the 3 EPIX channels in HD, Palladia and more, it's money down the drain. I know someone here one will state that we are on a "mix Arc" so don't waste you keystrokes.

I am In Puerto Rico with 110/119 only

I like the BB@Home package and would hate to see it get dropped after finally being able to add it.

However, I wonder why Dish did not try to integrate the Blockbuster streaming service, or was that dropped like the stores, too? (I have never used the On Demand because we do not have a DVR, but I am thinking it is different than the streaming service...I may be wrong or/and confused....)
When they first bought them, I guess they did not buy the streaming rights, is what corporate was passing out. They did say they were working on it, but that was a few years ago, and I have still not heard anything different

I agree, I do NOT want the channels in BB@Home to not be offered. I like those channels and enjoy them today. Dish can still provide those channels as part of one of the other packages or some other way. I am suggesting only that the notion of the BlockBuster name just be retired because it truly is no longer has the value it once did, and only a few people even know that it does still exist--as part of Dish's brand. I have no clue what the point of the BlockBuster name is anymore (at first Dish hailed it as a "family" brand and a name consumers know and trust). Today, it has ZERO value. The content, or the contracts for that content was a boost for Dish, but the name "BlockBuster" Dish so touted as being of great value just failed to be. It is CONFUSING to have BB@Home AND VOD, a difference that today means very little.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I agree, I do NOT want the channels in BB@Home to not be offered. I like those channels and enjoy them today. Dish can still provide those channels as part of one of the other packages or some other way. I am suggesting only that the notion of the BlockBuster name just be retired because it truly is no longer has the value it once did, and only a few people even know that it does still exist--as part of Dish's brand. I have no clue what the point of the BlockBuster name is anymore (at first Dish hailed it as a "family" brand and a name consumers know and trust). Today, it has ZERO value. The content, or the contracts for that content was a boost for Dish, but the name "BlockBuster" Dish so touted as being of great value just failed to be. It is CONFUSING to have BB@Home AND VOD, a difference that today means very little.

I really do not want the channels going in different packages like higher packages such as AT200 or AT250 if that is what you are suggesting. Now that I have the Welcome Pack with it, it is a low price value that keeps me with Dish. It was called Platinum HD or HD Platinum or something like that before. It could go back to that, but what does Platinum suggest? Dish got rid of the Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc. except maybe for Dish America Silver or Dish America Gold. What do you suggest it being called? If Dish paid that much for the Blockbuster name, maybe they should just leave it...Otherwise, it would be money down the drain....I mean I do not know....It could be seen as a failure with the closing of stores......I used to like the one disc at a time option when we had it with AT250. I just do not want the channels to get unbundled. Can't we just leave it alone the way it is? :) I remember when Sundance Channel was a part of it on channel 389 (and I believe channel 332 before that) [same time AMC was part of the Welcome Pack....I think AMC Networks messed up all their owned channels with the editing and commercials] along with Fashion TV (on 374), Shorts TV (on 375), and Smithsonian Channel. Even NBA TV and NHL Network were a part of it at the very beginning...I suppose that I am okay with these not being in it since sports usually drive up the costs and I would not watch them all that much (no offense to the sports fans). World Fishing Network was also in HD as I believe someone already mentioned; I remember that this channel sometimes had different programming on the HD and the SD channels. DirecTV I believe calls their add-on package HD Extra Pack (Crime & Investigation HD, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries HD, HDNet Movies, MGM HD, Palladia HD, Sony Movie Channel HD, Smithsonian HD, Universal HD, and ShortsHD) or something like that. Not sure if that is trademarked...I wouldn't think so....Maybe Dish could call it something similar although I would want the same channels in it if it really means that much to change the name if it really causes that much confusion.

Last edited:
One can get D*'s Extra Pack for free every three months by canceling and adding it again. I think it is regularly $4.99/month. It has less channels; I find their base prices are even higher though. Still a pretty slick deal I suppose if you have D*TV and HD equipment.

What do you suggest it being called? If Dish paid that much for the Blockbuster name, maybe they should just leave it...Otherwise, it would be money down the drain....I mean I do not know....It could be seen as a failure with the closing of stores......

As it is, the name means absolutely nothing and they could call it anything. The money they paid for the name wasn't to name some random add - on package of channels, that's for sure!