Choppy Video

wfoskey

Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Noticed tonight that video on CBSC hd is choppy. Almost like someone is continually pressing pause. My wife said she has noticed it on Food network also. Is this a satellite problem or is my 722 receiver about to quit?

It is likely a signal issue. Either you need a better alignment or you have a connection that is loose/incorrect/corroding. Depends on how long your system has been installed and when it started happening.

Having the same problem with my 722 and yes my signal readings are fine and are the same readings that I've had before. A quick reboot fixes the problem but it comes back 2 or 3 days later. Software issue?

Only happens on some HD channels and the same channels are fine on the 622 receivers so definitely not a signal problem.

Having the same problem with my 722 and yes my signal readings are fine and are the same readings that I've had before. A quick reboot fixes the problem but it comes back 2 or 3 days later. Software issue?

Only happens on some HD channels and the same channels are fine on the 622 receivers so definitely not a signal problem.

Where have you been mister?????????

I've noticed this quite a few times in the last month on my 622. Random channels, but HBO2HD yesterday. Audio is fine, but video freezes/moves in blocks -almost like watching a vid on youtube. When I swap to the other tuner things are fine (but of course other tuner is on diff channel.) Changing channel/rebooting def helps. Good to hear (I guess) that it may not be my hard drive failing.

My 722 had same issue with DVR recording and HD feeds a REboot fixes issue. When my dvr has had any choppy video i just reboot. (I'm still using the same 622 That came out in 2006, never been replaced with a refurb.)

Rebooting will temporarily restore function. It's like going to a chiropractor for a back issue. It helps for awhile but the root cause remains and the dysfunction returns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts