Chrismas Music Coming Monday November 1st.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network will be getting in the holiday spirit by lauching a handfull of holiday music channels on Monday November 1st.

Here are the details...

Effective on Monday, November 1st, 2010, by 5pm ET, the below channels will convert to Holiday and Christmas music channels. These channels are available to all customers with AT120 and above and Dish Latino Dos and above through January 3rd, 2010.

Descriptions:

Rawhide Ch. 951 & 93 ? Classical Holiday ? Drawing from over 500 years of the greatest music ever written, Classical Holiday is a sophisticated and traditional holiday music experience.

Fiesta Mexicana Ch. 965 & 94 ? Country Holiday ? Country Holiday brings together multiple generations of Nashville’s greatest for a rich and authentic music experience.

Ink’d Ch 961 & 95 ? Holiday Instrumentals ? Holiday Instrumentals draws from the adult sounds of Contemporary and Smooth Jazz, to create a program that is complimentary and not distracting.

Shag Beach Ch 936 & 96 ? The Christmas Message ? Remembering the reason for the season, today’s biggest Contemporary Christian artists join to celebrate the Christmas season in song.

Estilos Ch 964 & 97 ? Holiday Remix ? Today’s hottest DJ’s give tired tracks a new spin. Featuring some of the biggest acts on the turntables, Holiday Remix is the coolest Holiday mix tape around.

La Frontera Ch 942 & 98 ? Soulful Holidays ? Classic Soul and Motown combine with some of today’s biggest Contemporary stars to create an amazing, cross generational soundtrack to your holidays.

Screen Door Ch 950 & 99 ? Latino Navidad ? Spanning across the Latino music community, Latino Navidad celebrates the holidays with a festive mix of Tejano, Pop, Salsa, Merengue and Mariachi.

Gumbo Ch 929 & 89 ? Ultra Hip Holiday ? Timelessly hip, this program celebrates the holidays with swing, style and panache! Vocals and instrumentals combine to give sophistication to the season.

It should be noted that later on in November more Holiday Music channels will be available on DISH Network from the SIRIUS/XM channels.

An now you know. Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Yay! Christmas music! :D
This is one time where I will put duplicates in the favorites lists so my family can find the channels easily.

Last edited:
Love the Holidays. Especially since I get them off now. For most of the 32 years I have been working, I have worked the holidays and I am now working Mon-Friday , weekends off and holidays off. Have a week off at Thanksgiving and will be listening to this music while we get the house decorated for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.

I think they should hold off Christmas music until after Thanksgiving at least. I'm not a big fan of Christmas. It just lengthens my to-do list every time it comes around.

Am I right, and seeing that the list is just the Dish music channels and not the ones that Sirius will be adding by Veteran's Day? My birthday is in the middle November, and I would have never imagined listening to Christmas music on my birthday when I was a kid. Just a little sign that people are beginning to drop political correctness and enjoy themselves.

"Shag Beach Ch 936 & 96 ? The Christmas Message ? Remembering the reason for the season, today’s biggest Contemporary Christian artists join to celebrate the Christmas season in song. "

Whoever paired the station names with the content has a twisted sense of humor :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

Geez, can't we get past Election Day before we need to deck anything?

I think they should hold off Christmas music until after Thanksgiving at least. ...
Further...
Bring on all the Santa dolls and eggnog and let the season start!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not earlier than Noon local - after Santa arrives in Herald Square and the gobbler has been sent to its destiny.

Last edited:
Effective on Monday, November 1st, 2010, by 5pm ET, the below channels will convert to Holiday and Christmas music channels. These channels are available to all customers with AT120 and above and Dish Latino Dos and above through January 3rd, 2010.

Actually I have the locals-only pkg w/supers & I'm getting ALL of these... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)