Thinking of coming back, AGAIN!

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Have been a customer that bounced back and forth between DISH & DTV for many years. A little over 4 months ago we finally cut the cord and became full time streamers.

First with Sling, then very briefly with Hulu+live and currently with YTTV. Sling didn’t have all of our locals and Hulu’s UI was terrible. YTTV has everything we were looking for but just not a very refined system. I love that I can press one button and have every college or NFL game recorded without having to set up timers for each one. But, there are far too many things that I miss from DISH that YTTV or most other streamers don’t have. I miss channel surfing and being able to delete a show that we have watched. I miss the return to previous channel button, etc. For lack of a better word for it, DISH has a more refined system and that suits us better.

Now, not sure if we will be considered new customers or not but I have some questions if ya all can help. Our prior set up was a Hopper 3 and a Joey4K along with our OTA dual adapter that I bought. The H3 and Joey were returned.

1. Will we be able to get a H3 again? There are really only two TV’s involved but I remember having many shows recording as one time. Still need that ability since we rarely watch anything live.

2. We had the Top 200 package. Any specials or new equipment we should be aware of?

3. can someone point me to a link to the PDF’s that DISH has for new and current customers. Prior to leaving I had them bookmarked but naturally I deleted the link once we cancelled.

Thanks for any and all help provided.

1. Yes
2. DK. Changes often. There is the Hopper Plus. Sits between Hopper and TV causes trouble- err, offers Android features similar to Roku et al.
3. Which PDFs? How to operate equipment? Channel listings?

1. Yes
2. DK. Changes often. There is the Hopper Plus. Sits between Hopper and TV causes trouble- err, offers Android features similar to Roku et al.
3. Which PDFs? How to operate equipment? Channel listings?
Thanks.

They had several pdfs concerning 1-3 yr agreements and others for new and returning customers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
INSIST on the Hopper 3. 3! Some reports here of folks getting a lesser box pawned off on them.

And choose your Joey wisely, with an eye toward a possible Hopper Plus. In fact, I expect they will install the Plus wether you asked for it or not.

INSIST on the Hopper 3. 3! Some reports here of folks getting a lesser box pawned off on them.

And choose your Joey wisely, with an eye toward a possible Hopper Plus. In fact, I expect they will install the Plus wether you asked for it or not.
The Hopper Plus was released shortly before I left and since I wasn’t nterested at the time I need to study up on it I guess.

does DISH still have the DISH Anywhere availability? We travel a lot and that was great for us.

The Hopper Plus was released shortly before I left and since I wasn’t nterested at the time I need to study up on it I guess.

does DISH still have the DISH Anywhere availability? We travel a lot and that was great for us.
Dish AnyWhere still exists on Sling available receivers (Hoppers.)

Last edited:

And choose your Joey wisely, with an eye toward a possible Hopper Plus. In fact, I expect they will install the Plus whether you asked for it or not.
I still need a Joey for a second tv in another room, correct? Had the Joey4K last time.

The Hopper + is free and free to use.Also is very easy to disconnect and not use.
Or ,if you already have a streaming device ie Roku,Firestick,Shield or Appletv you may not want to bother.
There is a separate forum if you want to research.
I got one because I like new gadgets but decided it wasn't for me.

OK, now the greed starts to raise its head. Are there any offers I can expect to be enticed with by DISH such as equipment and add on packages. Of course, if I cannot at least get what I had before, H3 and Joey4K, it’s all irrelevant because no matter what else they offer it wouldn’t be worth it to me. from what I’ve read about the Hopper Plus I probably wont even ask for one. My Apple TV Roku’s and Firestiks will work just fine. Has DISH Anywhere allowed anything other than the Firestik to carry the app yet? Some of the independents have free add ons for seniors and veterans. Such as the Stars & Stripes pkg free for Veterans for 24 months. Do they still offer a $10 discount for referrals? Thanks again For all the feedback. Will probably pull the trigger next week since our YTTV sub expires on Christmas.