Ciel 2 Tracking

IT'S MOVING TOWARDS 129!!!!!!!!!!!!

CIEL-2

Sat, 24 Jan 2009 02:25:32 UTC Latitude: Longitude: -136.35°Right Ascension: 1h 18m 16s Declination: -7° 8' 0'' Azimuth: 223.9°Elevation: +33.87°Altitude [km]: 35633.67Altitude [miles]: 22092.88Speed [km/s]: 0.02Speed [miles/s]: 0.01

It Lives!!!

I was about to predict that it would move fast... because .... the sooner it gets there, the more income for Ciel. ;)

Ciel-2 has a lot of expensive spot beams designed specifically for 129 West, so it ain't likely to ever need to move anywhere, so less of a critical need to save fuel.

Wow.. this thing is movin' fast.. according to this link I checked it an hour or so ago and it was at 137 something.. as of almost nine pacific, it's at 136 something.... boogie on little satellite!

At this rate, they could have it there by morning!!!!!!!

:D

So if it keeps up at the current pace... assuming they do not overshoot~! It would look like it might be on spot, easily, within the weekend! The question, then.. how long after getting it on 129 will they be able to turn the puppy on??

Wayne Sagar
Northwest Pacific Coast
DEAD 129 Dead Zone

Currently:

Apogee: 35,628.91km (and falling)

-135.57W (and decreasing)

nelson61 predicts first estimate of 2 degrees per day. Late monday probably. Plenty of time to get all transferred over before Feb. 1. And so we're rollin' rollin' rollin':)

My guess is they will start Wednesday of this coming week the 28th - You know Dish - It's usually a Wednesday thing

This is actually probably a very good prediction, since the sat. will need to be jockeyed into position when it gets to 128.85. If all goes well, maybe the early hours on Wednesday so we'll have lots of uplink activity on the Wednesday uplink update.:eureka

A lot of us had already speculated it would move very fast. It has to, Charlie is counting on it to increase the programming cost on 2/1:)

People keep saying this, but the February bills are already out. No increase on mine except for a new .39 tax.

They might officially announce it to the public then, but wouldn't it not take effect until March?

Great to see Ciel 2 moving towards the 129w oribital location.Lets all hope that they can light it up next week some time. My signal strength is really bad on 129 now.This new satellite is going to be sweet:D.I hope we get some new hd next week as well.:hungry::hungry: