Ciel 2 Tracking

REMINDER

Tomorrow afternoon, please do not post about how the satellite it speeding past 129. They will stop it. N2YO.com is NOT real time. It is a projection based on a Two Line Elment (TLE) from NORAD. Wait for a new TLE before you jump to conclusions.

Thank you.

REMINDER

Tomorrow afternoon, please do not post about how the satellite it speeding past 129. They will stop it. N2YO.com is NOT real time. It is a projection based on a Two Line Elment (TLE) from NORAD. Wait for a new TLE before you jump to conclusions.

Thank you.

No, thank you. I'm glad you posted this reminder. :)

REMINDER

Thank you.

Do you know how hard it will be for me to resist posting "OMG!!! It just went to 127!!!! It is going to run into the 119 sats! Dish is RUINED!" tomorrow? :D

There seems to be sufficient headroom for most cases. I have been using 30" dishes for 110, 119 and 61.5 for years with no problem. Most receivers have a 40 db dynamic range.

Hi John,
I'm interested in your present setup. Are your 30" dishes all equipped with Dishpro LNBs or legacy LNBs? And what switch are you using (SW34 or DP34)?
Thanks.

End of Life

Let's just hope the SES guys don't push the wrong button like they apparantly did with one of their other satellites.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/162590-echostar-2-a.html#post1677367

This is not the case with Ciel 2 it is a new bird. Astra 5 was near the end of it's life. The sun sensors went out and it wasn't able to be controlled using the on board thrusters. This would be more the case of what could happen with E 5 once it is moved out of 129.

OK...I couldn't stand it any more. I had to register and ask about the update frequency. I thought I read earlier that the n2yo updates only daily. Right now it shows 130.81 and I have seen it change twice in the last hour.
How frequently is this updated or is it live?

P.S. Greetings Jim in Lubbock (an HDF buddy)

REMINDER

Thank you.

In my 22 years on the Internet, this sort of post has never worked.

90% of posters do not read the previous posts before posting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)