coax switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cband1985

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Tn
I need a switch to control multiple coax sources. I have 2 ku sat, 2 c band, cable, ota, and Dishnetwork feeds coming in on coax. That's 7 coax feeds. Obviously remote control is required. Any ideas on how to manage these sources?

Anyone have any thoughts? What are others doing in similar situations? Don't want to have 4-6 coax wall outlets behind every tv. Somebody must make a switch.

I have multiple inputs as well.
All FTA (Cband, 2 Ku, and circular Ku) go through a standard 4x1 switch into my Azbox. Azbox thru to my DSR4800.
OTA, Dish, Computer, DSR4800, and Azbox out all go to separate inputs on my TV.
More inputs for growth!

I need a switch to control multiple coax sources. I have 2 ku sat, 2 c band, cable, ota, and Dishnetwork feeds coming in on coax. That's 7 coax feeds. Obviously remote control is required. Any ideas on how to manage these sources?

I'm confused as to what you're asking. Are you talking the cables to a receiver or the outputs from said receivers to the TV?

What I would like to be able to do is send any coax signal to 1 coax outlet at the tv. Would prefer to not have multiple coax outlets at the tv. Surely somebody makes a coax switcher. I know I could combine some of the signals but that does not give me any switching control. For instance I have FTA receiver and Dish receiver at the tv. In addition atsc feed and cable feed. All of these are fed by a coax. I would like to be able to choose which signal comes into the room on the coax without going out to garage and manually making connections. Hope this is a better explanation.

I used to have 4 A-B-C switches set up on my "etertainment center". Three of the switches were each hooked up to three vcr outputs, the output of each switch was hooked up to the inputs of the fourth switch, with the output of that switch going to the TV. From the sound of what you are asking, yes, you would need a cable from each unit going to wall outlets, then a cable to the appropriate switch.,.... Unfortunately, the burglars liked my setup so much, they took the whole thing! (the vcr's were all set to record from different stations at different times, thus the 9 units - AH, the joys of FTA - I can get all on G-19, and watch "live" or record to the hard drive.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts