Color temp: 6500 vs. Native....

Both said no-that there experience has been that when they use equipment to calibrate the sets, the end users are never happy and they end up using thier eyes to set the color.
The calibrated tvs that I have seen either look "off" a little bit or COMPLETELY AMAZING.
After just using the pictures off the site I mentioned earlier, my tv looks AT LEAST 60% better now. And I thought it looked great how it was to begin with!
I can't wait to get a calibration dvd if that helps even more. (I ordered one Monday - it is taking forever!)
My goal is now somewhere in the ballpark of those "completely amazing" sets.
However, I am not sure I would pay someone a lot of money to calibrate it for me since I would end up tweaking the picture afterwards to make it look how I wanted anyway.
But now I see the importance of calibration. Just using this website to adjust my computer monitor made it look tons better.
Although it seems that you would need an outside source like a color card or something to know exactly what the colors should look like.
One is only happy "going slow" if you have never experienced "going fast", which you obviously have not done (in relation to VIDEO STANDARDS).
This makes total sense now what Gregg said!
I thought they looked great but did not realize just how much better they could be and how much more enjoyable it is to look at them.
-phil

p.s. Back to the original topic - since 6500 was such a recommended manufacturer setting - I put it back on that before I changed any settings. I now think that it is better than native and I guess my tv will last longer on this setting? Anyway - it looks good now on the recommended setting.

and I guess my tv will last longer on this setting?
Not at all! Whether the white color is tinted blue or not should have absolutely no effect on your TV set's lifespan!

It might actually last less if you set it up correctly! ;)
The more natural the colors are, the more you will enjoy your TV set, the more time you will spend watching it, the shorter its lifespan will be! :devil:

Anyone have any issue with their blues on this set ?

My blues look black. I am using the 6500k color temp.

Blue does look a bit "off" on 6500.
But if you put it on "native" - blue gets extreme!
-phil

p.s. after I used the DVE calibration dvd (can't wait for the blu-ray version to come out!) and used the color glasses thing-a-ma-jig to get the colors set right - my blue looks how it is supposed to on 6500, which for some reason the tv company really insists upon. No body here has said yet why they think the company is so hardcore about keeping it at 6500.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)