CONFIRMED(?)- Dish Discontinuing Absolute HD Package

Can someone with Dish America Silver or Gold confirm if they actually get MSNBC HD? It would be sorta weird for it to have been added to Dish America/TurboHD when none of the other channels like Speed HD were added for those folks.

Also is anyone with Dish America Gold who doesn't subscribe to Starz, getting Encore (E) HD?

That "Focus On" Dish retailer pdf lists those two, but I'm not so sure that these two are correct.

Just switched to DISH America Gold. No MSNBC or Invest. Disc. I do get NatGeo-HD... Switching back to AT200 OR Directv for Hockey and Baseball in HD.

MARK_AR...Of course if you wanted just one dish, the 1000.4 would do good for your needs.

I argued for the 1000.4 when my locals went HD but I honestly don't remember why they installed a 3rd dish at the time. I think it had something to do with liability and my dish being located on the roof and they were no longer able to climb on top of the house and or could not climb in the attic yada, yada, yada.... Some silly BS like that.

Hall said:
Who does your installs ?
My local dish retailer did the 110/119 and 61.5. A Dish contracted installer did the 77. Personally I think the whole lot needs tweaked since I am only getting high 30's to low 40's on my 110/119 transponders on a clear day.

Hall said:
I'm not positive, but I believe 61.5' doesn't mirror everything (HD) that 129' does now.

Can anyone provide a link to verify or refute this. I don't care about SD things like PENTAGON or PAEC or the business networks that are only on 61.5.

I used "The List" up above. I just double-checked and unless the list is wrong, channels 293-296 (Indie, Retro, Epix1 and Epix2) are not available on 61.5'.

I used "The List" up above. I just double-checked and unless the list is wrong, channels 293-296 (Indie, Retro, Epix1 and Epix2) are not available on 61.5'.

The newest additions have gone to 129 on the WA and 72.7 on the EA which is why anyone with a hybid install (110/119/61.5) is supposed to be changed over to a pure arc install.

MSNBC use to be Silver or above...NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL has always been Gold 250, unless there's been a change!
No, no change, but I think we're talking about MSNBC HD,etc in the context of being/not being in the Dish America packages. MSNBC is in AT 200 and NatGeo is in AT 250, but MSNBC HD is not in DA Silver...

...has to do with that slew of HD channels that never got added to TurboHD (now Dish America) packages.

No, no change, but I think we're talking about MSNBC HD,etc in the context of being/not being in the Dish America packages. MSNBC is in AT 200 and NatGeo is in AT 250, but MSNBC HD is not in DA Silver...

...has to do with that slew of HD channels that never got added to TurboHD (now Dish America) packages.

so which charts are correct for the metal packages?

Murphy's Law - Whatever can go wrong, will.

I guess I will have to wait for the dreaded call from E and then see if I can get a WA install.

Has anyone who got a call gone to AEP w/ locals and got a discount? That seems to be my best bet or 250+ Platinum & locals. I dunno.

Maybe I can wrangle a free service call out of them. But there is still the roof liability issue with whomever comes out.

Last nights results...

:rant:My 61.5 that I tried to swing to 129 doesn't have LOS because of a (BFT) Big f* tree... Although I could swap my 77 to 129 & 61.5 to 77 but it would involve someone getting on the roof. I can't anymore. I'd like a bigger dish for 77 since it has low tp strength.:rant:

Nothin is ever simple. Plus, repointing is a nightmare with the 622 as the signal strength meter doesn't register realtime when trying to point to 129. The check-switch screen fails to see the sat, so it sits there like a dumb@$$ with an 'X' in that slot. :(

I want to change from Absolute HD to America's Top 250. Can anyone offer any advice as to how I might get this offer? I have tried online chat and calling but those customer service drones won't budge...

Don't do it (yet). If they're really ending the Absolute package, it seems that they're giving some incentives. If you simply call or switch right now, you'll be offered nothing.

You should be able to upgrade to AT250 online. No chat, no calling in necessary.

I will just sit and wait to see if they up the ante and offer decent incentives :deal:eek:r my screen goes dark first (like VOOM did), which ever happens first (tic). ;) There's a lot that can happen in the meantime.

I will let them worry about my 110/119 61.5 to WA conversion too. I can live without EPIX, INDIE and RETRO for now. It is their fault my roof looks like a dish farm now. Let them clean it up and fix all the bracket holes. :rant:

So far it also seems there is a minority of people that have actually been contacted.(via another thread & poll) Its early yet.

I am not going to do it just yet but I was going to try to get the deal that they have offered the few people that have called. I want to get my RSN's in HD before hockey season because I now need to drop NHL center ice (I changed my service address back to my present location so I won't get the Avalanche on Center Ice).

By the way, I had a heck of a time changing my service address. It may have been the online CSR that I dealt with but he kept insisting that I had to have an installer come and do it.

If anyone gets the call and happens to get the number via their caller id please post the number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts