Congrats to the Giants

In the modern era, they rank with Cleveland, the Giants (50's), Green Bay (60's), Miami (early 70's), Pittsburgh (mid to late 70's), Dallas (70's), the Raiders (70's & 80), Washington (80's- early 90's), San Francisco (80's and early 90's), and Dallas (90's) again as teams which arguably are all time dynasties.

I hate it when people call the patriots a dynasty. To me in order to be a dynasty you have to at least two championships back to back. They patriots have yet to repeat.

NE has repeated..

They won SB 38 & 39; still, I don't agree that defending a championship is a prerequisite to being called a dynasty. however, having a repeat championship and sustained excellence certainly qualifies.

Like it or not-- this franchise is a dynasty and they have established long term excellence with 5 appearances in 12 years (3 wins) and 6 appearance in 22 years.

I hate being the voice of reason.

More people will remember the 2007 Patriots than any Raider team, ever.

YEP.....none of the Raider teams were already crowning themselves champion BEFORE the games were played. YEP....none the Raiders teams EVER assumed they were better than the rest of the league. And YEP, the Raiders Super Bowl Champs were a bunch of misfits nobody wanted.....but they won, maybe hated, but definately respected.

Yep, the 2007 Patriots will now take over the Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills as the biggest choke artists in the history of the NFL. AND the a$$ho** coach will also go down as the as the most classless p**** this sport has ever seen, could not even shake hands in public with the winning coach....could not accept the loss like a man in public under all those cameras.

Yep, you can have your 18-1 "also rans".....you deserve them!:rolleyes:

I don't think so. One game doesn't make you a choke artist. Put together a string like the Bills did, and you might deserve that title. Any team can outplay any other team on any given day. The Bills defense simply manhandled the Pats on Sunday. For whatever reason, they were certainly more "up" than the Pats offensive line. Defense won the game.

YEP.....none of the Raider teams were already crowning themselves champion BEFORE the games were played. YEP....none the Raiders teams EVER assumed they were better than the rest of the league. And YEP, the Raiders Super Bowl Champs were a bunch of misfits nobody wanted.....but they won, maybe hated, but definately respected.

Yep, the 2007 Patriots will now take over the Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills as the biggest choke artists in the history of the NFL. AND the a$$ho** coach will also go down as the as the most classless p**** this sport has ever seen, could not even shake hands in public with the winning coach....could not accept the loss like a man in public under all those cameras.

Yep, you can have your 18-1 "also rans".....you deserve them!:rolleyes:

YEs but that doesnt mean I wanted it to happen. I do find it suspicious that the best O Line in football forgot how to block and the coaching staff forgot how to keep backs and tight ends in to block or chip.
I don't find it suspicious. That same Line did the same thing against the same team in the season finale.

However, it is only fair that no one gave a chance to the Giants.
I did :D
Giants by 14, and it won't even look that close. :eek:
Though my margin of victory was wrong, as I said the Giants would beat them worse than they did. :cool:

YEs but that doesnt mean I wanted it to happen. I do find it suspicious that the best O Line in football forgot how to block and the coaching staff forgot how to keep backs and tight ends in to block or chip.

They didn't forget...I personally think Belli-jerk got out coached. Every time the Pats looked like they could get some kind of roll going on offense, Coughlin and his defensive coaches made adjustments.....Belli-scum didn't.

And how arrogant are you as a coach to not kick a field goal on 4 and 13...?

They didn't forget...I personally think Belli-jerk got out coached. Every time the Pats looked like they could get some kind of roll going on offense, Coughlin and his defensive coaches made adjustments....
The Giants learned from the close game a few weeks earlier. They saw what worked and didn't worked, and fixed those that didn't.

That Patriots forgot about how close that game was (and how they almost lost), and just assumed they could walk to another victory without making adjustments.

They didn't forget...I personally think Belli-jerk got out coached. Every time the Pats looked like they could get some kind of roll going on offense, Coughlin and his defensive coaches made adjustments.....Belli-scum didn't.

agree and agree. But I find it very strange that they didnt adjust to the defense. Maybe it was arrogance.

That was unbelievable decision. May have cost them the game. Barring that, I would say the Giants, manhandling the Pat's offensive line was the key to the Giant's victory. I've always thought football games were decided in the trenches.

A 49 yard FG isn't a gimme. If you try and miss, the Giants get the ball on the 35 yard line.

I think the hope was for a coffin corner kick, but it bounced into the end zone. If it had worked, they'd be calling BB a genius. I'm so glad it didn't work. :D

A 49 yard FG isn't a gimme. If you try and miss, the Giants get the ball on the 35 yard line.

I think the hope was for a coffin corner kick, but it bounced into the end zone. If it had worked, they'd be calling BB a genius. I'm so glad it didn't work. :D

Yes it isn't a gimme field goal, but it was in the best possible conditions to kick one and he probably would have made it.

He (the kicker) was said to been nailing 50+ yarders in pre-game. Maybe Monday-morning coaching, but I would have attempted the FG. But what the hell do I know?

It would have won the game, and cemented their place in history, as one of the best. Great season, but now their place is along side of the Bills and the Vikings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts