conical scaler

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Why can't they make c band conical scaler with a amiko slim ku band lnb built in so you can 2 degree separation.

Reactions: jorgek
Does this have anything to do with your question about 99w on Cband and 97w on Ku?

What is the closest satellites can you receive when using the conical scalar and Ku as a sidecar; 4 degrees or 6 degrees?

Why can't they make c band conical scaler with a amiko slim ku band lnb built in so you can 2 degree separation.

Because every dish FD and customers location requires a different offset distance between the feedhorns to achieve a look angle for two satellites.

Time to add a hh motor or fire-up your Dremel and customize your own solution. :D

Yep Dan, you need to order you up a HH120 and be done with it. ;)

Rick has some stab HH 120 right now. $149 plus shipping

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yeah that is about the same price as the Canadian dealer, but you get it a lot faster. :)

Yeah that is about the same price as the Canadian dealer, but you get it a lot faster. :)

Plus I have to wonder if his are newer stock?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What is the difference between new and old stock?
I don’t know about stab hardware builds I would just being guessing.

However some things that come to mind is the warehouse the old stock is being stored in climate controlled could any of the internal parts go bad from non use from sitting around for years? “I don’t know”

What about newer firmware “Sat Finder feature” would never use it but if I’m dropping 150+ I personally want the newest one :)

I provided Stab North America warranty center repairs for many years

Why did you stop?

Fortec Star and Satellite AV quit distributing the Stab line in 2009. The product line was just too costly to maintain wholesale stock as the retail sales volume was very low. Dusted the product more than shipped it!

Only provided 8-10 warranty repairs during the contract. No real need for a warranty center with that low of failure rate! :) Stab opted to directly handle the warranty via a unit exchange through the original retailer rather than repair.

The build quality is incredible on a Stab and they have a manufacturers warranty that starts at time of purchase. A customer shouldn't need be concerned about if it is new or old stock. Their purchase is covered.

I certainly never saw a hh90, 100 or 120 with the Sat-finder function working with a receiver. What receiver would you use it with even if the feature was enabled? It would be like owning a stereo AM radio. LOL!

It would be like owning a stereo AM radio.

Radio is going to come hunt you down now and beat you with his beloved Carver AM Stereo:) "I'm just joking" But when he did his demo of his AM stereo station on the carver it was the best sounding AM station I've ever heard in my life. Less then 100 station in USA transmit in C-QUAM.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.