Contact BBB

kskyangel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
I contacted BBB on my lifetime subscription and got a response back that skyangel will pay for the 4 channels, but skyangel is being sneaky and adding two paragraphs stating they want to make a new agreement from the original one- making any changes they want, so be careful.

I denied this and asked them to remove the paragraphs but to pay for the 4 channels. And keep the 32 channel minimum.

I have not received a response from either BBB or Sky Angel. It could be that Sky Angel is just testing the water. If only a few complaints, then deal with them privately, or just ignore them. From the tenor on these threads I suspect there aren't very many who care if Sky Angel lives up to its commitment.

If I knew they were making millions and trying to gouge their lifetime members for more, I would have a problem with it. But when I know they are having economic difficulties, I am not about to drive a nail in the coffin.

They could have asked for donations instead of trying a dishonest ploy to survive!!!

so lets cut em off at the knees!!
that will show em..............
would you be better or worse off if there was no sky angel?
when the sat they are using dies i think it will be the end of sky angel on sat
then to an internet type tv setup,like they have in canada......

Dan

I have promoted Sky Angel in the past and influenced at least one person to go for the lifetime subscription, but now I just can't promote them because of the refusal to live up to their commitment.

sky angel needs money so let them rip us off? GREED not NEED here

I don't think so? any idea how much they spent on the land they have bought up in both FLA and TN? last I hear land is pretty high. I think this is GREED, not NEED

I know very honest people myself that are haveing problems with them on their lifetime sub.

What a bunch of weenies. Lets make the Gospel even less attractive to those outside.... :(

Brad

I'm not following why you would want to contact the BBB. The BBB has absolutely no authority over SkyAngel. If SkyAngel is not responding to your requests, and you want to force them to respond, there's only one avenue that has the actual authority to "make" them perform. That avenue is not the BBB.

A lot of business are responsive to the BBB. It is simply for good public relations, not because the BBB has any enforcement authority. That is not to say I support the idea of rattling Sky Angel's cage. If a person wants "32" channels or whatever it is, they can always pick up the additional public information channels. I was watching that Starfish network for about 4 hours yesterday.

I contacted BBB on my lifetime subscription and got a response back that skyangel will pay for the 4 channels, but skyangel is being sneaky and adding two paragraphs stating they want to make a new agreement from the original one- making any changes they want, so be careful.

I denied this and asked them to remove the paragraphs but to pay for the 4 channels. And keep the 32 channel minimum.

I was offered the same deal "as a gesture of goodwill", here is my response:

Sky Angel’s response to my complaint is somewhat disappointing in that it appears that Sky Angel wants me to agree to terms of a customer agreement that was drafted exclusively for customers who make monthly or other periodic payment. Note the customer’s recourse if he doesn’t like changes to terms and conditions of service “You may always cancel your service if you do not accept any such terms and conditions. If you do cancel, you may be charged a deactivation fee.” This statement is a bit ludicrous and was hardly drafted by anyone having a lifelong subscriber’s interest at heart.

Sky Angel may pay for the four channels in dispute, but it is not merely a “gesture of good will” it is a condition of my Subscriber Provisions which I hold to be in good standing and I in no way agree to any “changed terms and conditions”. My provisions state in part:

“For those who purchased the lifelong subscription it will last for the operating lifetime of the Dominion Sky Angel domestic U.S. DBS service and for the lifetime of the subscriber and his or her spouse without any further subscription fees and includes a minimum of 32 television and radio channels selected at Dominion's sole discretion."

sky angels latest email re BBB

I sent them a copy of my letter to BBB, this is their answer: (basically nonsense)

Dear Ms ***,
We have received your email and regret that you were not satisfied with our response to your questions. Thank you the information you forwarded regarding your Better Business Bureau formal complaint. When we receive this complaint directly from the Better Business Bureau, will respond immediately.
Our mission is and always has been to provide a platform for the Gospel to be preached to the world. Sky Angel depends on your prayers and support in order to continue our work toward accomplishing this mission.
Thank you again for your time and for giving us the opportunity to respond to your complaint.

God Bless,

Mary
Sky Angel
customerrelations@skyangel.com

WHY contact BBB?

We only have 2 choices let SA breach their lifetime contract which means either paying them or lose channels; or take legal means against them. NO BBB can not FORCE them to honor the contract. If BBB finds in my/our favor However they will get a well deserved poor rating with them if the do not honor the lifetime agreement. they have jurisdiction over them in FLA. After that the next unfortunate step would be to either contact the Fla state ATTY General and/or a lawsuit (class action or individual). sky angel themselves sued DISH for those who want to say that a lawsuit is wrong. is it more wrong than breach of contract?

sky angel themselves sued DISH for those who want to say that a lawsuit is wrong. is it more wrong than breach of contract?

Dish doesn't claim any Christian ties. SkyAngel does. The Scriptures do not prohibit suing non-Christians. Their stance on suing a company being run "for the Gospel" is a little unclear, but I would think it falls in the same category of suing another Christian. Though few seem to have trouble with that either.

Brad

Sky angel is no longer representing itself in a christian manner by breaching the lifetime contract. I don't like the idea but would entertain the thought of a class action suit at this point

Probably those who have a concern about legal action are referring to 1Cor 6:1 and following. Consider that when Paul wrote this the first century synagogues had judges. The judge had no power except for reverence for Torah and the conscience of the people. Jewish law based upon Torah was accepted and obeyed because the people accepted that it was righteous. Paul was saying that believers had no business stepping outside the synagogue for resolution of their differences. There is no doubt that such an approach would preferred in any situation today, but we and Sky Angel are not in that first century synagogue where each party is expected to heed to that righteous judge or other tribunal.
From an earlier post of mine on another thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts