Contact BBB

Well let me say it again...

These are Paul's words, "The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?" In context he is talking about lawsuits between believers, not lawsuits against nonbelievers.

Now if we sue Sky Angel, no matter how anyone wants to twist, turn or spin it, when the matter comes before a nonreligious judge, imagine the impact it will have on his perception of Christianity. He will see one group of persons claiming to be Christians suing another group of Christians claiming to be Christian. "Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?" Such a situation would surely bring shame on the gospel of Christ.

Do your homework, Paul was talking about people in a local synagogue or community who answered to the same judge. Such matters should be resolved within the group of believers. Unfortunately SA doesn't belong to any Christian overseeing organization and specifies non-Christian arbitration as a last resort when informal resolution isn't fruitful. However, you are right on appearances especially since the public grasps the words out of context as well.

Let's not get the cart before the horse. Paul is saying "The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already." That is if we are so hard-hearted and resentful that we have to take another Christian to court, we are defeated before we even start. "Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?"

Maybe we should quote the whole passage to make it clear . . .
1 When one of you has a dispute with another believer, how dare you file a lawsuit and ask a secular court to decide the matter instead of taking it to other believers!2 Don't you realize that someday we believers will judge the world? And since you are going to judge the world, can't you decide even these little things among yourselves?3 Don't you realize that we will judge angels? So you should surely be able to resolve ordinary disputes in this life.4 If you have legal disputes about such matters, why go to outside judges who are not respected by the church?5 I am saying this to shame you. Isn't there anyone in all the church who is wise enough to decide these issues?6 But instead, one believer sues another—right in front of unbelievers!
7 Even to have such lawsuits with one another is a defeat for you. Why not just accept the injustice and leave it at that? Why not let yourselves be cheated?8 Instead, you yourselves are the ones who do wrong and cheat even your fellow believers.
However, let me say that legalism will eat your lunch. It is man’s way of defining scripture. The motivation is good so that everyone will understand the boundaries that seem somewhat vague in the Scripture. But if we get hung up on the defining then that becomes our focus rather than a true study of the Scripture. If we make the Scripture a set of rules then there is a tendency to look for loopholes. I am not looking for a loophole on lawsuits but I don’t intend to get hung up on the rule either. One of my favorite pastors once said “in those days we made enough mistakes to start seven new churches” and often churches, denominations and religions are indeed based upon mistakes. That is why I went back to the Hebraic roots of our faith, it just avoids some error and is interesting beyond any prior study I have ever been a part of.

Last edited:
In its explanation of the Daystar issue SA indicated that it had made several Mat 18 approaches to Daystar and had closed the door on that when Daystar didn't respond. SA also indicated that the chairman of the NRB agreed with the SA position. That gave me hope that SA was a member of the NRB. Contact with the NRB revealed that SA is not a member and the contact suggested we contact the Florida attorney general.

Sky angel not cooperating with BBB

Unfortunately there was not a better outcome however at least there is now a documented dipute with them! Basically there responses were generic and would never adddress the issue. they stated they mailed me a 'copy of the new terms" but didn't even do so!! Here is part of the letter I just got back from the BBB:

Unfortunately, the BBB can no longer pursue the matter. Your complaint has been closed and will be reported to the public as Disputed: The parties could not provide sufficient information to support their positions nor were they agreeable to make reasonable efforts toward resolving the issues of the dispute..

Please understand that the Better Business Bureau has no legal authority. However, a company's complaint record with the Bureau does influence the reliability report given to inquirers looking for information regarding the company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts