Cool80z Feedback

cool80z

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
So Cal
Hi everyone I am seriously considering not doing my show anymore. I am discouraged by the low listener turnout to all the shows. We all put in effort for our shows. I personally put in a lot of time putting together a well thought out playlist with very few repeats if any. Thoughts Opinions???? :confused:

This time of year no one is by their computer listening at this time of the night, in fact the past 2 months I have noticed the traffic takes a big dip after 7pm. I think the best time is fall and winter when people are inside. :)

I know when we did it in the fall and winter we had some good shows and lots of listeners. :D

I know I wouldnt be offended if you or any other DJ wanted to stop doing shows until the fall.

Scott is right. Listenership changes in ALL kinds of radio during the summer.

The only answer to help is, Promote, Promote, Promote. (Scott, should our Satguys DJ's have FB pages for their shows, or similar??)
Promoting here is quite good, Satguys postings climb in search engines very quickly, but every little bit helps!

Stick with it, Cool80z. As others have said, better listener counts are coming. Just not a busy radio time right now.

Last time we did this in fall & winter, I had a bunch of people listening to my alternative rock show. :)

In thinking about it I say stick with it as well, use the time to learn the craft better, maybe even get a mixer and a mic and learn to be a real DJ.

This is a unique opportunity and it costs you nothing. :)

Having pointed our WION feed to Satguys during Scott's visit, I can echo Scott's thought...

To do a GREAT show, make sure your setup is ready to do it!

And, don't forget show prep! Have your "benchmarks" of things that you do each time you're on,
promote when to expect them during the show, and be "conversational" when speaking. Don't
try to be "Mr. Announcer." Be yourself!

A reasonable and VERY BASIC setup should include:

-Good microphone (not a $19 mic used for videoconferencing)
-Mixer (maybe with EQ)
-music source that can rapidlyl execute what you need it to play
-Headphones to live monitor your product
-A GOOD STEADY INTERNET CONNECTION...

If anyone needs ideas or help, I'm glad to help via e-mail and this forum.
A good studio helps you put on a good show.....and lets you concentrate more on "content!"

Now I'm not sure how listener counts will go up, when 9 times out of 10 there's no player on the homepage. :rolleyes:

The link is there, the player is not.

The player is having issues which causes the homepage not to load at all. :(

There are always reasons for things. I wouldn't take something away like that when I am the one spending my own money (not SatelliteGuys) to have SatelliteGuys radio back again. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Decent turnout last night, when I tuned in the count was 7. :D

That's what I saw too. It varied with a max of 7. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

thanks for the compliment

I also love xm 33 I grew up in the Los Angeles area with a great station called KROQ this is the music I grew up with as a teenager and I still love it all.

cool80z said:
I also love xm 33 I grew up in the Los Angeles area with a great station called KROQ this is the music I grew up with as a teenager and I still love it all.

KROQ is still awesome! I listen to them online often. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)