Coolsat 5K firmware 0.04

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I have had this software installed on my CS 5K for quite a while, but didn't notice this problem until today.

Does anyone else have this software installed on their 5K or the sister firmware for the 6K?

version 0.04 9/22/2009 for the 5K

If you have this version installed, do you have any sat/TP ID banners on any TP? I don't get anything to "pop-up" at all. Not even the UNKNOWN or blank IDs, the banner just does not show at all.

If you don't see an ID banner either, then I will write a bug report for this to see if it can be corrected. But, I want to ensure that it is not my error before I do so.

Thanks

RADAR

Where in the world did you get this software? Coolsat, or at least their US distributors, is out of business thanks to Charlie Ergen's lawyers and their own stupidity. I don't think filing that bug report will do much good. Maybe somebody who has that model can point you to a better firmware though.

Where in the world did you get this software? Coolsat, or at least their US distributors, is out of business thanks to Charlie Ergen's lawyers and their own stupidity. I don't think filing that bug report will do much good. Maybe somebody who has that model can point you to a better firmware though.

Pepper,

Hi bud! You were not aware of this resource? Third party bins for FTA are being created to support Coolsat owners. Check it out at:

FTAFirmware for Coolsat

RADAR

I left .03 in mine because the only difference I know of the two is .03 when you select blind scan for a DBS sat it defaults to 12200-12200 instead of 12200-12750.
version .04 fixes this

I'm glad I read this thread. I'm still using ver 1.00. I wasn't aware of this site, but it's bookmarked now. Thanks Radar!

I went ahead and submitted a bug report. If the problem is my own, they will figure that out and maybe inform me. Otherwise, they will work on correcting it. I really love my little CS 5K, so I want the best for it. I am glad that someone is keeping up on this firmware for these older models.

And Glater, you are welcome!

RADAR

The big thing that this batch of software does is gives the receiver legit AC-3 output. Version 1.00 sometimes puts in 65535 as audio pid for AC-3. 65535 is no pid so you dont get audio

This fixes that ;)

I have had this software installed on my CS 5K for quite a while, but didn't notice this problem until today.

Does anyone else have this software installed on their 5K or the sister firmware for the 6K?

version 0.04 9/22/2009 for the 5K

If you have this version installed, do you have any sat/TP ID banners on any TP? I don't get anything to "pop-up" at all. Not even the UNKNOWN or blank IDs, the banner just does not show at all.

If you don't see an ID banner either, then I will write a bug report for this to see if it can be corrected. But, I want to ensure that it is not my error before I do so.

Thanks

RADAR
I havn't paid attention to this. Is this as you change or highlight channels or when you hit the "ok" button to sort channels?:confused:

I havn't paid attention to this. Is this as you change or highlight channels or when you hit the "ok" button to sort channels?:confused:

Babadem,

I was referring to the ID banner that pops up in the upper RH corner when you are in the dish setting, motor setting or manual scan menus.

The ID banner displays the provider's ID or name (if available in the stream). i.e. NBC, microspace, hotel, etc. It's a nice tool to help identify what signal you are actually picking up to ensure you are on the right sat or TP.

RADAR

Babadem,

I was referring to the ID banner that pops up in the upper RH corner when you are in the dish setting, motor setting or manual scan menus.

The ID banner displays the provider's ID or name (if available in the stream). i.e. NBC, microspace, hotel, etc. It's a nice tool to help identify what signal you are actually picking up to ensure you are on the right sat or TP.

RADAR
Oooooooohhhhhh!!! I see! I now know what you're refering to now. A very useful tool indeed!!:)

Pepper,

Why not ask them if they would support the 7100 model, too? They might do so, you never know so it wouldn't hurt to put in a request.

RADAR

The 6100/7100/8000/8100 use a different menu setups than the 4/5/6000 units so I doubt that would be supported

The 6100/7100/8000/8100 use a different menu setups than the 4/5/6000 units so I doubt that would be supported
Yea, I thought it came from a whole different factory.
The only thing in common was the importer - (marketing) - no technical people.

I think someone leaked the Coolsat 5000/6000 code into the hands of the "community", and doubt it's terribly legit.
As for using it, . . . absolutely!
I just wouldn't expect any other models to be supported.

I wish the 8000 had blind scan...that would be the best :)

Hell I'd take DVB blind scanning on it...DVB-S2 would be much better :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts