Coolsat 6000 Prem to Wireless N

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I have wired my house with wireless N network. I'd like to integrate my Coolsat 6000 Premium into this network. Any ideas?

"to get to the other side..."

I would like to wirelessly transmit the output from my Coolsat to my TV. :confused:

then you need an A/V Sender , basically it is a little powered box that has an old RCA Audio / Video input and then it broadcast the audio/video through the embeded antenna on a particular user selectable channel. There is obviously a limit in the distance the signal can travel. And I beleive some of them they work on the 2 Ghz or higher bands but I could be wrong.

Hope it helps.

If it works for you OP/TS, the AV sender is best bang for the buck.

For it to go over wireless N network is a lot more expensive. You have to digitize the source, transmit it over ethernet wifi and convert it to HDMI or turn it back to analog on the other side for connection to a TV.

A sling player / sling catcher would work. They have wired ports, but could be plugged into the router, or game adapters. But I hear there are issues with the slingcatcher. Don't know if they are ironed out yet.

There are others like HD Home Run and HAVA but those are like the sling player without the appliance for the TV. Good for watching on a PC, not a TV.

Then there are things like this:
NETGEAR Digital Media Receivers

You plug your TV into them but it is expected you have a digital source of video/audio to begin with...

You may get interference between your wireless network and a A/V sender if they are both using 2.4 GHz causing picture distortions or lousy audio. A sling box will work ok but you need to maintain about 100Mps data stream to get reliable video without drop out and buffering

If you absolutely must go wireless, then the X10 is about your best option. Be prepared for some headaches and aggravation.

Slingmedia offers many different options. The slingbox w/ a slinglink would work. Otherwise you would need a wireless bridge to connect to.

How much are you looking to invest?

Coming Back

Thanks for all of the replies. I have been away from my satellite DXing hobby for more than a 1 1/2 years-- other life issues, making my house wireless-n; setting up Roku box; setting up wireless Blue-Ray DVD Player with netflix capacity. I've got lots to watch all over the house but miss this satellite hobby. I'm now easing back into it. Lots to remember and re-learn. I would like to interface my Coolsat 6000 Premium with the rest of my media network. I'd spend another $100 or so. Do they make any satellite receivers which are wireless-n? In other words, which will broadcast the signal to a wireless-n or DLNA compliant device? Also, is there anything on Ku Band these days which is HD? Remember, I've been away for quite a while.
Thanks!!!

My stuff: Coolsat 6000 Premium; Coolsat 5000; 1.2 Meter Channel Master Dish; oval-shapped Primestar Dish (all in the garage-safe & sound).

P.s. Does anyone remember me from the old days?

The AZBox will receive streaming video, but I don't remember if they ever got it upgraded to sending it. I quit following it a while ago. I believe it does have a SMB server, but you'd have to check with someone who actually owns one as to whether you can access a recording-in-progress as a crude way of streaming. There's a whole forum for the AZ here, so hopefully someone has gone down that road.

Best thing to originate a stream is a PCI or USB tuner. There's a forum for that too.

There are lots of sports feeds (and occasionally other feeds) on Ku which are HD. Full-time channels, not so much. Pretty much just PBS primetime feeds and NBC primetime feeds. The latter are DVB-S2, have a strange audio channel layout, and are on a bird with a skewed transmitter.

I remember ya just fine.
Wondered what happened to ya. - :rolleyes:

I do not believe there is any good answer to your actual question, integrating a Coolsat 6000 into a wireless N network.

Yeah, Bloomdog, I remember you :) ... Still a lot of guys here from the old days.

As for the wireless N solution, I would probably look into one of the new PC-based DVB-S2 cards (the newer versions of the DVBWorld supposedly blind scan!)... This would give you DVB-S2, HD, and 4:2:2 capability on the cheap, and also allow you to stream using the PC.

Yeah, Bloomdog, I remember you :) ... Still a lot of guys here from the old days.

As for the wireless N solution, I would probably look into one of the new PC-based DVB-S2 cards (the newer versions of the DVBWorld supposedly blind scan!)... This would give you DVB-S2, HD, and 4:2:2 capability on the cheap, and also allow you to stream using the PC.

they do blindscan and are good at it too. fast and thorough.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)