Coolsat 6100 Vs Visionsat IV200

Status
Please reply by conversation.

equate

Nov 11, 2007
Hi Guys,

I can't decided which one should I buy with all the review I read. Can you guy recommended me which should I get? My main priority is the picture quality. Thanks:up

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
choose one?

Those are both newly designed and built receivers.
They have component video and S-video, as well as optical audio and coaxial digital outputs.
But, both are standard def, not hi def.
And quite a bit of the source material is of modest quality or transmitted in modest quality.
I really doubt you'll see a difference between these two.

With the recent firmware updates to the Visionsat, I wouldn't hesitate to get one.
They seem to be fixing little things, and respecting their customers.

Also, the 6100 doesn't allow a hard drive to be connected via USB.
It's a stripped down 7000 (subject to confirmation).
The Visionsat does provide the hard drive connection, and for a competitive price.
I see that as a highly desirable feature!

Really can't see much reason to waffle if those are the only two receivers to be considered.
Can anyone think of a reason? Have I missed something?

Last edited:

truck_driver

Mar 27, 2007
visionsat has a very good quality video right from the RCA outputs..the s-video is a bit better and also the VS IV200 can have up to a 500gig external drive...and you can also use a network setup and can see any fat or fat 32 on the network
and it has a 9 day epg
but what ever receiver you decide to get you won't be disappointed

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
I've had the Visionsat and the 7000, and you'd have to hold a gun to my head to make me buy either. :)

BUT let me say this, they folks at Visionsat HAVE listened when users presented problems to them to fix, so it may be better now then when I had it 6 months ago. The guys here that have them like them, so by that I'd go for the Visionsat. Coolsat is NOT interested in the true FTA market,IMO.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I love my visionsat. They finally are getting the bugs worked out and now it doesnt lock up on a 4:2:2 feed and scans beautifully :)

the pvr adds to the value but as tron noted EPG is worthless here in the US

Dirty Harry Callahan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 29, 2006
Mount Juliet
I have the Coolsat 6100 picture quality is pretty good...Customer service is garbage.......and after :eek:what I read the past couple of evenings...I will be selling it and getting a Visionsat>

dot_null

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I love my Visionsat! Since they fixed the 4:2:2 bug the thing is absolutely perfect! It even blind scans quickly (right at 3 minutes for me on average) after changing the scanning frequencies to 11700-12200 like Iceberg suggested a while back. I'm holding off on buying any more receivers until they can match the quality of the Visionsat. It's that good. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts