Coolsat 6100 Vs Visionsat IV200

Status
Please reply by conversation.

equate

Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Hi Guys,

I can't decided which one should I buy with all the review I read. Can you guy recommended me which should I get? My main priority is the picture quality. Thanks:up

choose one?

Those are both newly designed and built receivers.
They have component video and S-video, as well as optical audio and coaxial digital outputs.
But, both are standard def, not hi def.
And quite a bit of the source material is of modest quality or transmitted in modest quality.
I really doubt you'll see a difference between these two.

With the recent firmware updates to the Visionsat, I wouldn't hesitate to get one.
They seem to be fixing little things, and respecting their customers.

Also, the 6100 doesn't allow a hard drive to be connected via USB.
It's a stripped down 7000 (subject to confirmation).
The Visionsat does provide the hard drive connection, and for a competitive price.
I see that as a highly desirable feature!

Really can't see much reason to waffle if those are the only two receivers to be considered.
Can anyone think of a reason? Have I missed something?

Last edited:
visionsat has a very good quality video right from the RCA outputs..the s-video is a bit better and also the VS IV200 can have up to a 500gig external drive...and you can also use a network setup and can see any fat or fat 32 on the network
and it has a 9 day epg
but what ever receiver you decide to get you won't be disappointed

I've had the Visionsat and the 7000, and you'd have to hold a gun to my head to make me buy either. :)

BUT let me say this, they folks at Visionsat HAVE listened when users presented problems to them to fix, so it may be better now then when I had it 6 months ago. The guys here that have them like them, so by that I'd go for the Visionsat. Coolsat is NOT interested in the true FTA market,IMO.

I love my visionsat. They finally are getting the bugs worked out and now it doesnt lock up on a 4:2:2 feed and scans beautifully :)

the pvr adds to the value but as tron noted EPG is worthless here in the US

I have the Coolsat 6100 picture quality is pretty good...Customer service is garbage.......and after :eek:what I read the past couple of evenings...I will be selling it and getting a Visionsat>

I love my Visionsat! Since they fixed the 4:2:2 bug the thing is absolutely perfect! It even blind scans quickly (right at 3 minutes for me on average) after changing the scanning frequencies to 11700-12200 like Iceberg suggested a while back. I'm holding off on buying any more receivers until they can match the quality of the Visionsat. It's that good. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts