Coolsat Coolsat 7100 firmware loading

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drjohn14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
beautiful San Diego
I have just inherited a coolsat 7100 micro pvr and it will not come out of standby. Power supply voltages look clean, so I would like to load the coolsat 7100 v1.16 firmware, however, I cannot find the STB tool to load with. The coolsat 4000,5000, and 6000 STB tool does not recognize the 7100.
Would someone be able to tell me where to get the proper STB tool for the 7100 and how to load the firmware with it. thanks drjohn

I have just inherited a coolsat 7100 micro pvr and it will not come out of standby. Power supply voltages look clean, so I would like to load the coolsat 7100 v1.16 firmware, however, I cannot find the STB tool to load with. The coolsat 4000,5000, and 6000 STB tool does not recognize the 7100.
Would someone be able to tell me where to get the proper STB tool for the 7100 and how to load the firmware with it. thanks drjohn
Go here;
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...t-7100-firmware?highlight=coolsat+7100+loader
Or search for" coolsat 7100 loader ",that's how I found the above.

Loader for coolsat 7100 is the same as the coolsat 7000. Just found at another sight. Have used it and loaded 7100. Thanks for all the help. drjohn

Glad to know you got it running and something I will have to try and keep in the back of my head.

Wasted HOURS trying to find an update BIN file that I can try on my ailing 7100 -- and a friend's, which is ailing in a different manner, if a test run on mine doesn't brick the thing.... Is that something NOT done on this site, or is it my imagination?? Kinda unclear on what's worth trying --- numbers vary widely: seeing some say 1.16 is good and safe; others say 1.47 is fine; seems that 2.2 is useless. Perhaps these are simply because I wasn't paying close enough att'n to the posting date? Could be - getting rather tired of this (so far just a big WASTE of my time).

Anyone care to weigh in - who actually KNOWS of what they speak?? (Lots to ask, admittedly)

TIA

MtDo

Answered in another thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts