Covering 129 lnb

hendrix04

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 16, 2008
I have a 1000.2 dish with a 61.5 wing dish. My 129 signal is horrible (probably needs a repeak) so I was going to cover the 129 to force the 61.5 usage. Well i covered what i THOUGHT was the 129 lnb (the one on the right if looking down the arm away from the dish itself) and it totally KILLED my 722 (locked up, reset it and it wouldnt boot back up until i took the tin foil off). Any ideas?

were you watching (or recording) a channel that comes in off of 129 when you covered it up? That may have caused issues. Try putting the 722 in single mode, tuning to a channel off of 110/119 (like channel 101) then enter the check switch screen. Go cover up the 129 LNB, and run the check switch. You should see 119/110/X/61.5 Note that this is really a band-aid, and the best solution (unless you have 3 receivers) would be to get a dish 500 with a DPPlus Twin to use with your wing dish. Best of luck to you.

When you are behind the dish looking up toward the lnb's, the one on the LEFT is for 129. I have tried many ways of blocking that lnb such as cardboard, holding another reflector over it, even my shoe, to no avail (but one little tree branch in the way kills the signal!) Actually the method I use now is aluminum foil, and lots of it, folded over and over and taped over the lnb. So cover it with foil, hook up that 61.5 and run a check switch, should be no problem.

you can take the tin foil off the lnb after the check switch completes - that's what i did and it's worked great ever since - the reason i did it was they (DISH) finally added my hd locals from Atlanta on 61.5 where they should have been from the start and 129 was almost always going out and my 1000.2 seemed to always default to 129 instead of my 61.5 wing dish which has awesome signal strength over the other sats

When you are behind the dish looking up toward the lnb's, the one on the LEFT is for 129. I have tried many ways of blocking that lnb such as cardboard, holding another reflector over it, even my shoe, to no avail (but one little tree branch in the way kills the signal!) Actually the method I use now is aluminum foil, and lots of it, folded over and over and taped over the lnb. So cover it with foil, hook up that 61.5 and run a check switch, should be no problem.

Cut a soda can in half. It fits over the LNB nicely.

When I installed the 1000.2 dish, I had my older Dish 500 converted to a single dual LNB to get 129. Knowing I would have some issues with the 129 LNB on the 1000.2, I made the following cover of the LNB. I cut a 8" circle out of a old auto tire inner tube. I also went into the wife's kitchen cabinet and stole some 2' of aluminum foil. Folded it four times(thickness) and cut me a 5" round pad to go between the LNB and the rubber inner tube. Took some super glue and applied to one side of the foil and inner tube. I wrapped the 8" circle inner tube and foil over the LNB and taken a tie strap and tighten the tie strap real tight, and added two more tie straps for security. Cut off the excess inner tube. I now have a very good looking cover on the LNB. My "check switch" shows I have 4 LNB's....110, 119, X, and 129.
However, my Dish 500 is getting some poor signals from 129, most all TP's are in the 25-35 signal strength range.

When I installed the 1000.2 dish, I had my older Dish 500 converted to a single dual LNB to get 129. Knowing I would have some issues with the 129 LNB on the 1000.2, I made the following cover of the LNB. I cut a 8" circle out of a old auto tire inner tube. I also went into the wife's kitchen cabinet and stole some 2' of aluminum foil. Folded it four times(thickness) and cut me a 5" round pad to go between the LNB and the rubber inner tube. Took some super glue and applied to one side of the foil and inner tube. I wrapped the 8" circle inner tube and foil over the LNB and taken a tie strap and tighten the tie strap real tight, and added two more tie straps for security. Cut off the excess inner tube. I now have a very good looking cover on the LNB. My "check switch" shows I have 4 LNB's....110, 119, X, and 129.
However, my Dish 500 is getting some poor signals from 129, most all TP's are in the 25-35 signal strength range.

french style green bean can seems much simpler.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts