COZI TV on AMC 1 @ 103W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You just ruined all my fun:). I have been able to pull it in on my 6ft sadoun with the skew set for a normal satellite for the last 2 days. I figured it was due to getting a stronger signal since the leaves came off the trees, but based on your question it may be something else. By the way I'm getting the other 2 nbc muxs off and on as well.

On 36" with 0 skew I get it sometimes... When I do its about 70% on the Q. Somedays 10% even on clear day while still getting the NBC's. Not sure what's going on. If I Skew it everything is fine but what a pain!

You just ruined all my fun:). I have been able to pull it in on my 6ft sadoun with the skew set for a normal satellite for the last 2 days. I figured it was due to getting a stronger signal since the leaves came off the trees, but based on your question it may be something else. By the way I'm getting the other 2 nbc muxs off and on as well.

This a first for me. In the past I had to use the odd skew. With the motor and dish it was problamatic so I didn't skew for COZI because it would mess up all the other sats.

I wonder what has changed?

I notice the same thing about great quality vs. bad/no quality. I don't have the special skew so I don't know for sure, but I know I posted a thread somewhere (darned if I can find it now) where I found that NBC affiliates were told to skew their lnbfs to a unique "middle position" so that they can receive feeds from BOTH AMC-1 and the new SES-3 satellites. The new satellite does not require the odd skew. Perhaps they are testing out transponders on alternating satellites?

I notice the same thing about great quality vs. bad/no quality. I don't have the special skew so I don't know for sure, but I know I posted a thread somewhere (darned if I can find it now) where I found that NBC affiliates were told to skew their lnbfs to a unique "middle position" so that they can receive feeds from BOTH AMC-1 and the new SES-3 satellites. The new satellite does not require the odd skew. Perhaps they are testing out transponders on alternating satellites?

This past summer I used a fixed 33" dish. The signal was weak and the skew was touchy. Today on the dish/motor, with the skew at 0 I get a very good signal on all the TPs. Something has changed. I did re align the azimuth on the dish by 1 degree but that would still not account for not having to odd ball the skew.

Update: COZI TV has now diappeared. No signal on TP 11840.

Last edited:
COZI TV is back on this morning though its weak and pixalating. Heavy overcast in our area.

Also TP 11880/H/30000 is up Q 40. Never was able to receive in the past.

COZI is now upto Q 65 and solid picture.

Last edited:
I finally got fed up with problems on 103W. There is a recurring feed there of great interest to me as well as the Olympics coming up in February. I pulled out a spare 1M Channel Master and set it up on 103W. I now receive all NBC feeds at 70-76 quality (microHD) including COZI and the East/Central feeds, which had been unlockable on my 36" dish. Size and dish quality make all the difference in the world.

Lucky you.. I was able to get NBCs/Cozi/NBC Feeds with the skew at 20 degrees...however the quality was never that high (50-60% at best) and would lose it during the day.

Its starting to get too cold to climb the roof now to adjust.

Cheers, K

On my 1.1 meter motorized dish I am pulling in Cozi tv at around 72 pct and that is on a microhd. The micro signal bar is considerably lower than others such as pansat and Coolsat, On a pansat 72 pct on micro is around 89 on Pansat.

I love that sat but yes scanning in tons of occasional channels that never have anything on them gets on my nerves! Cozi tv is nice though.

On my Prodelin 1.2m dish, I can lock Cozi with 74% MicroHD and that tiny SatAv dual lnb. With my new Prodelin 1.8m dish, and an old invacom lnb, I can lock it at over 86%.

1.2m with $5.00 LNB from ebay I lock cozi at 80%

Sent from my SPH-L900 using SatelliteGuys mobile app

More fun. Since I'm now consistenly receiving COZI, I thought a test was in order. I swapped out the Avenger PLL LNB with a non PLL type. Well COZI TV disappeared and "0" Q on its TP 11840. The Huntington Beach was at Q75 on TP 11942.
I re installed the PLL LNB and bingo COZI was back at Q 60.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts