Current Customer Upgrade Price

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skyking49

Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
I am a Directv Customer and I want to upgrade to HD...since I just bought a HD TV. I was told that it would cost me at least 199.00 for the New hdtv antenna. Is this the normal price? Are there any promotions that would benifit me? Of course I am trying to go through this without paying the 199.00. One would think that upgradning would benefit Directv so why charge the current customer? TIA

I am a Directv Customer and I want to upgrade to HD...since I just bought a HD TV. I was told that it would cost me at least 199.00 for the New hdtv antenna. Is this the normal price? Are there any promotions that would benifit me? Of course I am trying to go through this without paying the 199.00. One would think that upgradning would benefit Directv so why charge the current customer? TIA

The $199 is for an hd dvr, the antenna is free, as is any other necessary part. How long have you been with Directv? If you are in good standing, try calling again and asking for a free upgrade. Many others have gotten one for free or at least a greatly reduced price. Good luck!

Try this if you have a spouse. Cancel existing account. Apply for a NEW account under spouses name and new soc. sec. #.
You will then receive all new installation and bonuses of free premium channels for a few months. I did it2 years ago, when DirecTv refused upgrade for free.
With the current Verizon war, you the one in the driver's chair!
I have recently canceled DTV and have VerizonFios. Phone, Internet and HDTV for 120 + tax.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I need help.....

New installation/extra cable runs query

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)