D* beating E* to remote scheduling

dslate69

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 23, 2006
NC
What has happened to DISH? If you are going to let D* beat you at HD, you can't let them beat you at STB features too.
This isn't a "I am going to leave DISH" post, just a "I am disappointed" post. :(

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
What has happened to DISH? If you are going to let D* beat you at HD, you can't let them beat you at STB features too.
This isn't a "I am going to leave DISH" post, just a "I am disappointed" post. :(

I hear ya!!!

Put in Dishonline too. Dish has not been too impressive lately. Lets face it guys. Direct is kicking our ass. Dish still has the 622 and 722 but form what I understand the HR-20 and 21 are making good strides to get the bugs out and make it more user friendly.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
If you saw what Dish was planning on doing with Remote Booking then be very happy that Dish did not roll this out to customers.

Dish Network should round up all their programmers (including the DishONLINE guys) and give them all a gift subscription to DirecTV to see how its supposed to be done.

Its like they dont have a clue.

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
I wouldn't blame the dev group.. i would blame the managers who allowed that crap to be built..

I'll tell you right now I wouldn't let my guys build any flash BS app nor would they want to..

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I hear ya!!!

Put in Dishonline too. Dish has not been too impressive lately. Lets face it guys. Direct is kicking our ass. Dish still has the 622 and 722 but form what I understand the HR-20 and 21 are making good strides to get the bugs out and make it more user friendly.
Yea and IMO Directv newest National software release worked out almost all the bugs that bothered me. 622 may change channels faster,but IMO hr20 records much easier,and PQ is fantasic. Even in SD.

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
If you saw what Dish was planning on doing with Remote Booking then be very happy that Dish did not roll this out to customers.

Dish Network should round up all their programmers (including the DishONLINE guys) and give them all a gift subscription to DirecTV to see how its supposed to be done.

Its like they dont have a clue.

I agree. If they are smart they went back to the drawing board and started over. What they put out for beta testing was not good at all.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
I have to agree with The OP and Scott, First Dish does need to do something as they are getting kicked up and down the street right now. They are a company that as Scott has said in the past "The pause button has been hit" and it dosent seem to be being taken off. I was hoping that they would show something but they havent. But I am hoping for good news soon, and very soon as its not just the HD that has me concerned, its also the fact that Dish dosent have a for sure Direction of where to go right now. but as the OP said they still have the 722 :)

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
Can someone point me to a link that would describe what "remote scheduling" is or "remote booking"? Somehow I've kept myself completely in the dark about what this is.

dslate69

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 23, 2006
NC
The 'Skip Ahead' button has kept me a loyal customer for years. But little things like the defaut record setting being "ALL" instead of "ONCE" are starting to drive me crazy. How can E* employees use the same equipment I do without making little changes here and there once they get back to work?
Wouldn't it be nice to pick your favorite sports teams in the preference tab and E* would automatically set your DVR to record each week. I am not asking for anything revolutionary, just evolutionary. And seeing D* evolving while E* obviously believes new features are not needed is disconserning. E* buys up Slingmedia and D* is the one really moving forward with their STB, it just doesn't make any sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)