D12 changes channels automatically

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
I have a customer with a D12, 2 HR24's and an H24. His D12 changes channels without anyone touching the remote. Just that TV/receiver location is doing this. Any ideas as to why and what we should do? Lines are RG6 from 8 way swim splitter. Thanks...

I'm lost on this but will throw out two remote thoughts: red button reset, redownload software, and reauthorize the receiver? Second, any possibility it is getting commands from another remote nearby? You can change the remote address, I think there are 8 possible in IR mode.

You probably been through these, but all I can think of.

It could be low batteries in the remote, but not likely.

Second, any possibility it is getting commands from another remote nearby? You can change the remote address, I think there are 8 possible in IR mode.

That's along the lines that I was thinking. I had a friend once who lived in a row of townhouses All of a sudden his cable box started turning on and off by itself. He got a replacement from the cable company and same thing happened. It was only by chance that he found out that his next door neighbor, who had recently installed a new remote garage door opener, was having his door open or close by itself. A quick change on one of the remotes fixed both problem.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)