Damaged 10' dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Twigjit

Oct 5, 2009
WA
So I work for a landscaping company and have a dish that I backed into with the Skidsteer. What I am wondering is what I do now since I cant find anyone in the phone book that can look at it or even works on c-band dishes. It is bent in about a 3ft section on the bottom edge of the outside ring it is bent in about 4". If anyone knows what I can do the help would be apricated. Ty in advance!!!

So found out some more details. It is a brand name unimesh and is for sure a 10' dish. I dont know if the motor is dmged. I know that I can replace the mesh but what I am conserned about is the outside ring that got dmged.

The shape is everything. Best thing to do is see if they are still using it.
If it is still in use, how is there signal, can they still watch TV?
If yes, keep an eye open and start looking around town for an exact match, see if you can get one for free.

They can still watch Tv but the homeowner is afraid to change the channel for fear it will be missalinged or not work. The customer did find someone that will sell him an old dish for $1000 and install it for another 300 but this solution sounds horrible if all i have to do is replace the mesh.

Don't go for that deal, let those people know they are about to get robbed-people are giving away big dishes all over. It might be hard to find another panel for that exact dish brand and size, but you very well might locate another entire dish that somebody might be willing to part with for cheap, or just for you removing it.

You can buy replacement mesh from Skyvision but you have to cut it to fit that dish (using a good mesh panel for a template). If the ribs are damaged you may have a problem unless you can find another dish of the same type/model or get replacements from the manufacturer or distributor or you can have the ribs fabricated (but that could be expensive). If it can't be repaired at a reasonable cost, you can go dish hunting and find someone willing to give their dish away for free - it doesn't have to be the same dish but it you'll need to get one with a mount that'll mount to the existing pole.

Last edited:
I agree with pictures get as many as you can.

if your bonded & insured be ready to submit those pic to them also.

normally i would say its a pretty easy fix just find another ( donor unimesh dish and use the amount of panels involved to replace ) $1000 is a bit steep but here you are dealing with a customer who has a dish damaged , and there is probably little or very little big dish support to help replace the damaged dish.

the panels replacement would be a good quick fix , but will the customer wait for it to get fixed ? there might be a few SatelliteGuys near you that have a donal dish , maybe they will chime in.

Mike Kohl might know of a installer but like i said most of the installers are either gone or out of buisness

hope you get it resolved and :welcome to the group

pics are definately needed. im salvaging dishes for times exactly like these. i may have the panel you need and way cheaper than a whole dish. remember that these dishes still cost 2000+ new so the prices you have been given arent silly. i once went thru a similar situation where the home owner wanted 1200 and i got a reputable sat installer to explain it was only a 20 dollar part. these forums will help you if you post the right info.

crackt out,.

if the parabolic ring is bent you probably have to shot the dish or replace the bent sections i had that problem when an elevation motor fell through my parabolic ring ,thx david nsw australia

parabolic ring

hi guys if the parabolic ring is bent it wont work properly i found that in 94 when a 18inch elevation motor collapsed and went through mine. ,depending on the brand of the dish you may have to buy a new ring section for it but mine was totalled meaning i had to get a new dish and in australia a 3.7 metre is about $3000plus ok ,thx david :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts