Damn NFL!

Yes, on CBS and FOX on RF ch. 13.1 and 2 on KRQE-DT O&O by Nextstar. ABC on KOAT-DT, RF ch 7.1 O&O by Hearst.

KOB-DT NBC, RM ch. 4.1 RF ch 26 O&O by Hubbard.

Also slight DMA spillover from Tucson on FTA mexican satellite! :biggrin :cool::hatsoff

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Can't get Broncos Vs Patriots due to NFL cable only channel broadcast rights, while people living in Denver can get it over the air on ABC KMGH-DT while in Albuquerque you have to get it on cable TV, not streaming or over the air! :p
Correct
Only the local/primary market of the teams playing get it on OTA locally. Everyone else it’s on whatever platform has it.

So locally for me when the Vikings are on cable I can’t view them on a local channel as Minneapolis has it on over the air. Mankato is its own market.

The difference was with cable you just changed a channel...now you have to subscribe to a new service on a different device..just for one game...a major inconvenience

Reactions: KAB and N5XZS
The difference was with cable you just changed a channel...now you have to subscribe to a new service on a different device..just for one game...a major inconvenience
First, Traditional Paid Live TV is filled with more content that you have to pay extra for beyond the package price, no different for streaming.

Second, since TV Providers are integrating streaming services into their new boxes, if a subscriber wishes to upgrade, it is no longer a different device.

Cable/Satellite Providers only have about 55 Million Households ( out of 131 Million in the United States)subscribing to their services, that means 76 Million Households, the majority, are not using a Cable/Satellite box anyways, usually a Roku type or Smart TV, so still one device.

Or in my case, I use a Roku Ultra, one device, for all the content, switching to a new app is like changing channels.

For example, click on the Peacock app, a couple of arrow strokes to the game, hit ok, hit ok on start.

Takes a few seconds.

The streaming naysayers try to equate it to brain surgery.

First, Traditional Paid Live TV is filled with more content that you have to pay extra for beyond the package price, no different for streaming.

Second, since TV Providers are integrating streaming services into their new boxes, if a subscriber wishes to upgrade, it is no longer a different device.

Cable/Satellite Providers only have about 55 Million Households ( out of 131 Million in the United States)subscribing to their services, that means 76 Million Households, the majority, are not using a Cable/Satellite box anyways, usually a Roku type or Smart TV, so still one device.

Or in my case, I use a Roku Ultra, one device, for all the content, switching to a new app is like changing channels.

For example, click on the Peacock app, a couple of arrow strokes to the game, hit ok, hit ok on start.

Takes a few seconds.

The streaming naysayers try to equate it to brain surgery.
Most people had cable when the NFL games moved to cable long ago...so it was as simple as changing a channel..basically painless for the vast majority...now you have to hunt for single games on a multitude of apps each requiring a separate subscription and you have to have a device that's supports the apps...not exactly a NFL fan friendly experience..unless you really want to watch the game it won't be worth the bother to watch the game...too many hoops to jump thru for one game...some might do it for a wild card playoff game but the vast majority will skip regular season games...the NFL isn't really worth the bother for most....its the process that the issue is..not so much the cost

Most people had cable when the NFL games moved to cable long ago...so it was as simple as changing a channel..basically painless for the vast majority...now you have to hunt for single games on a multitude of apps each requiring a separate subscription and you have to have a device that's supports the apps...not exactly a NFL fan friendly experience..
Since cord cutting goes up every year, for example 4.7 Million left in 2021, 5.9 Million in 2022, 2023 TBD, it shows that is just not a big deal, since ratings are up, specially on Prime, people are searching and watching.
unless you really want to watch the game it won't be worth the bother to watch the game...too many hoops to jump thru for one game...
Again, the ratings are up, the majority do not have Cable/Satellite Service, that shows they are going thru the hoops.

Since cord cutting goes up every year, for example 4.7 Million left in 2021, 5.9 Million in 2022, 2023 TBD, it shows that is just not a big deal, since ratings are up, specially on Prime, people are searching and watching.

Again, the ratings are up, the majority do not have Cable/Satellite Service, that shows they are going thru the hoops.
So that justifies the NFL screwing over NFL fans by spreading games over multiple apps requiring multiple subscriptions on some cases for only 1 game?

At the end of the day ..when all the dust settles...people will end up paying much more for less service than cable or satellite ever cost

Rather than having one comprehensive bill that cable had

Streamers will get screwed with increasing internet costs and increasing programming costs...the merging of streamers has just begun and Hollywood will find a way to make a mountain of cash just like the old days with cable..not only that..they will make a fortune selling your viewing habits to advertisers and as an added bonus disable DVR commercial skipping unless you pay a fee to eliminate "some" commercials from what used to be premium commercial free channels on cable

Quite the scam ..and the consumer will just continue to get screwed harder and harder

Yes, Peacock's streaming pictures quality on my Xfinty is way much better than OTA KOB-DT.

KOB-DT, has too many subchannels and hurting the main NBC HD at times get bitstarved, so I usually go over to streaming mode for the NFL game.:p

BTw, Hubbard which owns KOB-DT refused go to ATSC 3.0 system. :p :hatsoff

Reactions: TRG