DBS6000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
From what I can see it's probable is going to be the best option out there since the MicroHD doesn't come with the needed outputs for all people and S10 has a questionable history.

but for probably 95% of the people out there the MicroHD will work fine. Its only the people who want to use component outputs that it wont work for them./.....and the S10,12,16,666 doesnt either

The DBS6000 is over priced.

Not sure I can agree with this. The DBS6000HD is not running a ALI chip they chose to be unique and go with the Fujitsu H60. So their is nothing to compare it with price wise as the other STB's are running ALI chip's.

Bump this question as I am also curious! Also, CC pass through on component /composite? TBN on 97 Ku or on G14 C-band is a known 24/7 channel with CC.

Also, does it only do QPSK and 8PSK? Does it do H8PSK or 16APSK? These are questions that customers will ask when shopping. Thanks!

Tim is great about returning emails fast. Below is what he sent back.

"We have not addressed CC yet. Right now the receiver does QPSK/8PSK."

Not sure I can agree with this. The DBS6000HD is not running a ALI chip they chose to be unique and go with the Fujitsu H60. So their is nothing to compare it with price wise as the other STB's are running ALI chip's.

Not the difference that you might imagine... The price difference of the two comparable chipsets from these companies is less than $2.

New Firmware came out today.
  • improved DiSEqC motor functions

Got to love competition it brings the best out in people. :)

Attachments

• traxis_v120620.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 76
Not the difference that you might imagine... The price difference of the two comparable chipsets from these companies is less than $2.

If that's the case then perhaps this STB is on the high price side.

Just so anybody knows I am not trying to say ones better then the other just sharing choices with people. (I am getting a micro two)

What?? The Micro 2, I don't even have the first one yet. :D:D

That's what happens when you give a dyslexic a keyboard you never know what might come out. LOL

Wallyhts,

Is it true that the Traxis DBS6000 does not do AC3 Audio.

I have the AC3 Audio coming out L and R on (Galaxy17 3920 MHz "Canada AC-3").

Is their a better channel to try?

New Firmware:
Got the new firmware installed tonight.

PVR:
Was playing around with the PVR function tonight. Recording works great so far (Date issues perhaps). When your ready to play something you just press play and that brings up the log of recordings.

PC Play Back:
I was so happy to see that its the raw .TS :):D

Test .TS file https://s3.amazonaws.com/wallyhts/REC.TS

Attachments

• IMG_0435-1.png
    IMG_0435-1.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Wallyhts,

Thanks for checking.

There is 3 channels with AC-3 Audio on AMC 1 103.0W 3740 V 29270 DW mux.

PVR Update:
I was able to record both PBS HD feeds and play a file at the same time.

Update:
With the new firmware this STB rocks. For example it pulls stuff out of the dirt that my openbox will not. (BYU HD 91)

Blindscan:
I have not had much luck with blind scanning low transponders like "91 3950 V [FONT=&amp]Capital OTB [/FONT]DVB-S2 MPEG-2 2067-3/4 8PSK" But if you add them they work just fine.

Can you set 2 timers on the same TP that overlap?

like as example
PBJ from 5:00-5:30
TuffTV from 5:00-6:00
?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)