Deal on RG6 at Parts Express

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well that's cool... industrial networking, token passing, kind of like arcnet, uses 75 ? cable. :confused:

Does this spec have a name?

Allen Bradley Vista Lan is one product ( we're talking early 1990's now ) . Arcnet itself was never part of IEEE specs, preceded the specs. It was invented by Datapoint and was very robust.
Here's a reference.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARCNET"]ARCNET - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] .

I used Arcnet Plus for it's "long legs" in an installation to link ethernet subnets, before fiber was installed in our plant. The 20Mbps data rate was quite sufficent for the traffic .
:)

Thank you.

Arcnet... Isn't that the one that could give you a shock? Probably still have some ISA NICs and the passive hubs for that from when someone "upgraded" to Lantastic on ethernet. :D

We have AB stuff at work, but didn't network it much until recently. Ethernet on fiber and some blue hose with DH+ on it, other than the serial point to point radios...

I retired two years ago, from the new Cadillac plant in Lansing, Mi. The AB communications gear now , with fiber everywhere, and the Data Highway Plus for slower traffic, is far advanced from the Arcnet days, that is for sure. I spent my 30 years in electronics/communications/radio in the Lansing auto plants, and saw many generations of stuff that I got to work on , work with, and half understand.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Upside Down or Inverted Dish Installation.

Identify this LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts