dented dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nthompson711

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
my dish (wineguard) blew off my roof and kind of dented an edge. Will it still work when I re-mount it????????

if it dented an edge you should be OK....Of it dented in the middle, thats a different story and there is no right answer

Best thing to do is try it :)

My 2 dishes that I ordered from Sadoun were dented on the right side when arrived and installed last week. Paint even chipped off. I've had no issues.

My dish got slightly warped when it was shipped. I was able to fix it by putting it on the ground and pushing it back into place. It's worked fine ever since.

The dish is a simple parabola, focusing the signals from one direction to the focal point of your LNBF. If a small part of it gets dented out of shape, the signals that land on it bounce somewhere, but not to the focal point. The worst case is that you'll lose a percentage of signal quality proportional to the amount of the dish that is now out of shape.

One of my dishes still has a couple of dings in it from my original installation misadventures. It still works fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts