Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohninSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
San Diego
:confused:
Subject says it - I ran my DG380 west as far as it would go and now it's stuck there. I've tried disconnecting the coax and following the reset procedures - nothing. This started when I tried to move the dish east to look at 83W. It was looking at 101W when I started and would not go any further east than that. It would go west to 125W and back east to 101W but that was as far east as it would go. I'm using a Sonicview 8000HD and the software limits are set to "off". The motor clicks if I use the buttons on the motor but it still won't move. Any suggestions?

thanks,

John

Probably stuck on the East limit mechanical switch on the motor. Try removing the tube and moving the mechanical stop, then use the manual move button on the motor to move off the stop. If this does not work, you may need to disassemble the motor and disconnect the mechanical stop sensor then drive the motor off of the stop and reconnect the sensor. Drive the morot to the zero position the perform a reset on the motor.

Thanks I'll try that when it stops raining. I was hoping I could just press a button but no such luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts