Did I just get downgraded equipment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SHOCKEDHAWK

Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Hey all! I was hit by lightning last week and the dish and equipment took a direct hit.

The tech was out Friday and got me set up. My question, my hd dvr WAS a HR20-700, the replacement IS a hr20-100s. Did I get a lesser dvr?

No. They are just different manufacturers. There are a few subtle differences but I have both and cant really tell the difference. The -100 has 2 digital sound outputs and 2 ethernets and a slightly larger hard drive but both will act and do the same things.

Thanks, the reason I ask was the 700 had the rf option for the remote w/o a separate antennae and the 100 does not. Outside of that I really don't see a difference.

Thanks!

I just switched out a 100 for a 700 (problems with receiver keeping my authorization on programming). I like the 700 better. The RF on the 100 w/antenna was weak. The 700 works very quickly. Sorry you got the 100.

I just switched out a 100 for a 700 (problems with receiver keeping my authorization on programming). I like the 700 better. The RF on the 100 w/antenna was weak. The 700 works very quickly. Sorry you got the 100.

Nothing wrong with the -100.
I've got both and they both work fine.
Both with RF as well.

Jimbo

My 100 remote works better on IR than RF. Has anybody heard anything about VOD lately? I thought it was originally slated for July release.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts