Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
I ordered my Roku on 7/2 and have yet to received it. I did verify on Saturday through a Dish CSR that I was sent out one. If it doesn't get here today, he gave me another # to call that can track it. All my credits have been applied to my bill, so that's good.

Ghpr13:)

By the way, does anyone know how or if you can turn off your Roku box when you're done viewing? I didn't notice a power button on either the remote or the box itself. After a while, I gave up on turning it off and took my dog for a walk. Later, I noticed the box had powered itself down (Or at least

If you read the little booklet that came with it, it states that there is no power button since it uses so little energy

3HaloODST said:
lol, what's up with this poll? exactly 50% consistently...

The past three days I've been using my Roku more than I've been using my Hoppers, bad move Dish :p ! I'm just catching up on Netflix, still tons of stuff on Dish though that I couldn't get thru Roku...

Me too, maybe this fall I will get back to using my 922. For now there is better content on my roku.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Ordered mine on the 3rd. Came yesterday. Still playing around with it. Never did get an hdmi cable from Dish.

Same for me.
Not sure financially how this all will work out for Dish, but I will say they have very pleasantly surprised me (and bought some loyalty). Breaking Bad is by far our favorite show on TV and Dish's dropping of AMC was hugely disappointing. I have no doubt we would have purchased the season online and given our happiness with the Hopper (and locked-in contract) would not drop Dish because of it. So they did not have to give me anything to keep me as a customer and I certainly did not expect Dish to offer anything of this magnitude. Clearly the upfront costs to them must be quite large - even if they got a huge discount on the refurb Rokus with a bulk order. Basically what they have done is redirected money that would have gone toward paying for AMC, toward the ROKUs and credits and showed the channel owners that they cannot be pushed around. They essentially bought some loyalty and strengthened their image as hardline negotiators. Not bad.

Probably not a lot, since you had to know the offer even existed and if you did, in most cases you had to push hard for it. Not everyone is as well-informed as SatGuys members...

Wouldn't bet on that. Word of this hit sites like FW and all the moochers came out of the wood-works.

I called yesterday to see about some kind of credit for losing the IFC network. The CSR did tell me about how I could get lots of the movies on HDnet or stream them from my Amazon or hulu service. She mentioned that I could use a Roku box to stream stuff to my TV but didn't offer it to me. She did offer me 3 months of blockbuster, and when I asked for 6 she transferred me up the ladder and the next agent offered me 6 months and the Roku box. I would have been happy with just the 6 months of blockbuster service, and hopefully I'll like the Roku. The agent said I could stream netflix with it. I said I quit netflix when Dish acquired blockbuster.

Will the Roku box work with dish online? If it would stream blockbuster movies and the slingbox, I'd be really happy with it.

I really want a package that I can get rid of ESPN (and it's anchor dragging down my wallet). The same goes for Fox Sprorts, although I'm sure their extortion of Dish is much smaller.

Miner

cosmo_kramer said:
Probably not a lot, since you had to know the offer even existed and if you did, in most cases you had to push hard for it. Not everyone is as well-informed as SatGuys members...

The deal sites had info posted as well as "the other satellite forum (which I am also a member of but I was a member here first for a longer time but saw that I could help some members there with issues).

I do wish the Roku had an official Disney and Nick Jr. channels with full shows instead of clips. My wife wasn't that impressed with the initial Roku experience due to those not being options. :(

Will the Roku box work with dish online? If it would stream blockbuster movies and the slingbox, I'd be really happy with it.

No. can not stream block buster or slingbox?.

Here is the list of Channels in the Channel Store. Some are free, many pay, others you can't even pay for ( i.e. HBO go only if you subscribe to HBO on cable or sat)
Roku Channel Store | Netflix, Amazon Video On Demand, Hulu Plus & More on Roku Streaming Player

There are more available privately.

Delivered yesterday, Mon the 9th, USPS. Called on Wed the 4th. Had no advance email or postcard. Got Roku and some credits. Sub to AEP, no credits any longer on account except these new ones. Model Roku 2 XD, B Stock. Good little unit, $80 new or $60 refurb, and free, to boot.

Joe

Just call Dish dispatch and waiting for a call back from a supervisor. He's is the only one who can trace down my Roku. Mine was ordered on 7/2. Mail came this morning, no Roku. UPS comes all different times here, but I have a feeling it got sent out wrong or missed completely. Supervisor is supposed to call me this afternoon. If it's lost or Dish didn't send it out by accident, I'm going to ask if they would overnight it.

Ghpr13:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)