Did you get a free Roku offer?

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
I didn't get an e mail offer. But after reading about it on here and getting transferred to the loyalty department while chatting online i'm getting a roku and $35 credit for one month. Would have liked $10 per monthf or a year but i'm not complaining.

Yep, Everything pac. If I watched those channels that would be one thing. But I don't, I haven't, and had no plans to watch them. So to take something for something that I didn't have any plans to use doesn't work for me and the way I was brought up to do.
Good for you, and I applaud you standing by your scruples. Normally I would do the same. However, this time I took a different approach: what if next time the channels that are yanked are ones that I DO care about? Better to send a message now that so many are unhappy with how this situation was handled, so that perhaps the "next time" won't be as painful or as frequent. This is a business, and the only way to really make a large company like this take notice is through the pocketbook, and in large numbers.

Last edited:
Yep, Everything pac. If I watched those channels that would be one thing. But I don't, I haven't, and had no plans to watch them. So to take something for something that I didn't have any plans to use doesn't work for me and the way I was brought up to do.
Nor was I. Amen, brother, Amen!!!

Good for you, and I applaud you standing by your scruples. Normally I would do the same. However, this time I took a different approach: what if next time the channels that are yanked are ones that I DO care about? Better to send a message now that so many are unhappy with how this situation was handled, so that perhaps the "next time" won't be as painful or as frequent. This is a business, and the only way to really make a large company like this take notice is through the pocketbook, and in large numbers.

IF you remember.

.... a Roku box? Don't have a real need for one with an AppleTV , 3 xbox 360s and a PS3.

So the question is: What does a Roku box offer that the PS3 doesn't? I'll have to look that one up. Not sure the PS3 has Netflix.

And it would be nice, but it's too late for adding, an option that says "Didn't try."

If I remember what? Sorry, not following you, or maybe I forgot already what you are referring to. :)

Oh, no! I hope that you are still able to get one!

Well I don't know... I called back and got someone with an attitude, said 'you don't qualify, you don't rate high enough'.

I got an email
I got the previous guy that was ready to press the order button but it wasn't taking it.
I was not amused.

I asked to speak to his supervisor. 20 minute wait. when I got her on the phone (very pleasant sounding lady).
"Hi this is (forgot name) what can I help you with today?"
"Did the rep not sent you over ANY information?"
(click)

I am now less amused.

I call BACK, get a different rep, tell him all that has occurred, got to (click)
"Oh crap"
"Yeah, You want to tackle this or just get me to a supervisor now?"

He says he'll take a look.. looks at notes from FIRST rep I talked to, showed IT HAD BEEN APPROVED by a supervisor.
He sets up the order, and... it won't let him order it. He talks to supervisor, says they are having issues and he will take over.
At this point he's noted my account that it's been approved by TWO supervisors, has my number, and if I don't get a shipping
notice or a call back by tomorrow afternoon to call back.

first guy, great
second guy, poo
supervisor, not long enough to comment
third guy, excellent...

final result.. in progress.
and..

There's an ATT VRAD across the street from our house. We'll see.

Well I don't know... I called back and got someone with an attitude, said 'you don't qualify, you don't rate high enough'.

I got an email
I got the previous guy that was ready to press the order button but it wasn't taking it.
I was not amused.

I asked to speak to his supervisor. 20 minute wait. when I got her on the phone (very pleasant sounding lady).
"Hi this is (forgot name) what can I help you with today?"
"Did the rep not sent you over ANY information?"
(click)

I am now less amused.

I call BACK, get a different rep, tell him all that has occurred, got to (click)
"Oh crap"
"Yeah, You want to tackle this or just get me to a supervisor now?"

He says he'll take a look.. looks at notes from FIRST rep I talked to, showed IT HAD BEEN APPROVED by a supervisor.
He sets up the order, and... it won't let him order it. He talks to supervisor, says they are having issues and he will take over.
At this point he's noted my account that it's been approved by TWO supervisors, has my number, and if I don't get a shipping
notice or a call back by tomorrow afternoon to call back.

first guy, great
second guy, poo
third guy, excellent...

final result.. in progress.
and..

There's an ATT VRAD across the street from our house. We'll see.

I am sorry to read about your horrible experience. I have not had an experience that horrible; however, I have had some displeasant chats a long time ago in the past. It was nothing that extreme, though.

I would try the online chat: DISH Customer Care & Service | DISH Support Live Chat
Ask to be transferred to the Loyalty Department. There may be some wait time, but if you get what you think is reasonable over the AMC Networks dispute, then it is very worthwhile.
The Loyalty Department has been very nice these past days. However, sometimes the CSRs before seem clueless (although I hate to describe them as that as they may be going through some sort of training and not all of them are like that...like I said some but when you get one like that sometimes you are just like I really want to click exit and start over with a new beginning CSR especially if they refuse to transfer you and say that they can do it). They are very nice, but sometimes it takes them time to understand what you are talking about. I guess they are not knowledgeable about the offers the Loyalty Department can do. Of course, even with the Loyalty Department, they may have some limitations.

well the last guy had it together, I'll give him/his supervisor time to sort it out. I had to take another call so I couldn't wait any longer.

If I remember what? Sorry, not following you, or maybe I forgot already what you are referring to. :)

If you remember "next time." Not as painful. This assumes Dish is correct in that it really wasn't watched that much, and therefore there WILL be a next time. There will be a next time, anyway.

Conflicts are going to be more frequent in the future, it seems, IMHO, and that may drive us to having a satco/cableco AND IPTV. More expense, for us. I guess I'll just have to get used to missing out on channels I like. I already miss out on Military History. Oh well. I'm tempted to lower my Dish bill to the minimum, and watch all the DVR'd and EHD's stuff for a few months. And this decision may be forced upon me.

I called Dish after reading to first 2 pages of this thread to enquire about getting a free Roku. Told the first csr to connect me directly to loyalty and she did. Spent about 4 mins on hold then got a loyalty csr who granted me with a free Roku. Only spent a total of 9 mins on the phone. Sweet

As I stated in another thread, Roku is worthless to me since it does not have a digital audio output port. I called Roku and asked why their players do not have that feature and was told their players are designed to be direct connected to only the TV and not to an external audio system unless it has an HDMI input. They had an older discontinued player that had a digital optical audio output but the new models no longer have it. Roku could be an outstanding player but without that feature it is a no go for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)