Didn't Know VIP222k Could Be Reactivated

Bob55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Ohio
Been away for Dish around a year. Went to my online account and reactivated my VIP222K. Have owned this receiver and it is the only one on my account.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Yes, just last night I reactivated a ViP612. (It immediately died, but I was able to add it to my account.) So, ViP receivers (or at least the ability to activate them) are still very much alive and well. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
They just won’t issue a “new” VIP222 to anyone.
Good point. Even if they had any in stock, it would actually be a refurbished ViP722k, with DVR functionality disabled. If they don't have any of those either, then I think they are doing the same thing with Hopper Duos now. The way Dish does their billing, that would work out to be cheaper than just using two Wally receivers. With a DVR-disabled Hopper Duo, there is no fee for the first receiver. A new customer would only pay $5 per month for the Joey. Existing customers would pay $7 per month for a leased Joey, or $5 per month with a purchased Joey. With two Wally receivers, a new customer would pay $7 per month for each Wally, for a total of $14 per month. If those Wally receivers are purchased, then that fee is about to go down to only $5 for each Wally, for a total of $10 per month. The Hopper Duo and Joey solution would still be cheaper, though.

Reactions: trojan67

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)