Dish anywhere not allowing timer to be set on OTA channel

NJeanA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2023
florida
I have Hopper3 with dual OTA adapter. Up until 6-8 weeks ago I could set recording timers on OTA channel in guide via Dish Anywhere app. Now I just get message unable to set timer. I can set timer and it works fine at the set top receiver only. I’ve done numerous hard reboots of receiver. I uninstalled and reinstalled Dish anywhere app on my iPhone 15. Still no luck. Anyone having same issue?

I have Hopper3 with dual OTA adapter. Up until 6-8 weeks ago I could set recording timers on OTA channel in guide via Dish Anywhere app. Now I just get message unable to set timer. I can set timer and it works fine at the set top receiver only. I’ve done numerous hard reboots of receiver. I uninstalled and reinstalled Dish anywhere app on my iPhone 15. Still no luck. Anyone having same issue?
That is because the locals on DishAnywhere are now streaming only and you can’t, at least right now, record a streaming channel.

That is because the locals on DishAnywhere are now streaming only and you can’t, at least right now, record a streaming channel.
When I look at locals they say hopper streaming, not web streaming.

I did try on mine to record a local and non local program through regular satellite channels and it works just fine. But same as op if I hit record from an ota channel it says it failed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
When I look at locals they say hopper streaming, not web streaming.

I did try on mine to record a local and non local program through regular satellite channels and it works just fine. But same as op if I hit record from an ota channel it says it failed.
You're right, I looked at that incorrectly.

I tried unsuccessfully to troubleshoot this with Dish via chat this am. Was told it could be my internet connection (no other issues with internet). Did hard reboot, delete and reinstall the app. Still same. Not sure if it’s the app itself (tried on several devices running different ios17 and Window 11). Or if it’s at the receiver (version H372 is what I’m on)

Also forgot to add—- if I set a timer for the OTA channel from the receiver guide — I can adjust the timer (start or end time, this episode or all episodes etc) from the Dish Anywhere app. So obviously app is connecting to the Hopper 3

Also forgot to add—- if I set a timer for the OTA channel from the receiver guide — I can adjust the timer (start or end time, this episode or all episodes etc) from the Dish Anywhere app. So obviously app is connecting to the Hopper 3
It is not just you. It is all of us. I am seeing the exact same thing. There is something wrong with the DA software.

You could call DISH and talk to the tech dept. and tell them or send them a text using the online chat.

This would be more useful.

Attachments

• IMG_1399.gif
    IMG_1399.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 26
The Hopper I have access to does not have the dongle if that makes difference, it is Sat locals.

Didn't see this mentioned.
I can set recordings on local channels via a web browser, either on Android or Windows.

Using the app on Android I get no error message, I set it to record - but it does not actually set a timer.