Differences in installation costs and Packages

woljr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
Is there a difference in installation costs and contract plan between a dealer installed system and a contract and installation arranged by phone directly wth DISH ??? Is it best to use a local dealer or is it best to deal directly with Dish Network ???

:) it depends all deals are supposed to be the same but some dealers take a cut in there profits to get you. or will give you something like a DVD player or dhpp. i prefer to deal with dish directly because if you have a problem they wont tell you to call your dealer. a lot of att customers are going though this. and a small dealer may rip you off. most are honest hard working people just trying to make a living. they earn the install fee plus commition on your service like 20% the first year then 10% then down to 5% for as long as your a customer. this is just a example and it depends on the dealer size number of accounts and so on. i recomend directly with dish! unless you really know who your dealling with. g:) :) d luck!

In the past, if a customer signed up for DHA, there was "no committment", period. You could quit after 2 months, return your equipment, and be free and clear. Apparently though, if a customer went to a local retailer of Dish and got the same deal, Dish actually penalized the dealer if the customer didn't remain for 12 months (or some timeframe). So, what did some dealers do ?? They bound their customers to a term to cover themselves. Did they tell the customer this ?? Did the customer read the agreements they signed ?? I read about this happening to numerous people who posted here and other websites about it when all along they were under the impression that there was "no committment". I thought it was pretty unethical myself....

:) you got that right! it wouldn't be a problem if they fully disclosed that. but you know there going to say anything you want to hear to get your contract. i was even told by a guy in a mall after saying i was already a subscriber. I'll sign you up under another name and address! i walked away shaking my head. if hell do that what else is he going to do? so sad you cannot trust anyone any more.

hall said:
In the past, if a customer signed up for DHA, there was "no committment", period. You could quit after 2 months, return your equipment, and be free and clear. Apparently though, if a customer went to a local retailer of Dish and got the same deal, Dish actually penalized the dealer if the customer didn't remain for 12 months (or some timeframe). So, what did some dealers do ?? They bound their customers to a term to cover themselves. Did they tell the customer this ?? Did the customer read the agreements they signed ?? I read about this happening to numerous people who posted here and other websites about it when all along they were under the impression that there was "no committment". I thought it was pretty unethical myself....
We do that..We only sell DHA leases on new connects..The cust must sign an 18 mth agreement with us as well as E*..If the cust defaults or cancles we hit them with a backcharge equal to the one E*hits us with for losing the cust..Gotta be that way..If the customer does not like that policy they are free to shop elsewhere...

dishcomm: Please re-read my post. I stated in the past and was referring to when DHA didn't have the option for a lease term. If I sign an 18-mo contract with Dish, I could care less if there's also a 2nd, concurrent 18-mo contract with a reseller. My point was, a customer "researches" their options and most resellers don't have much in the way of websites, so people look at Dish's information. Then they get a coupon in the mail from local company (with a local phone #, at least) and go with them. The ad lists all the same equipment, packages, pricing, etc, etc ... who would assume that the deal isn't the same ??

hall said:
dishcomm: Please re-read my post. I stated in the past and was referring to when DHA didn't have the option for a lease term. If I sign an 18-mo contract with Dish, I could care less if there's also a 2nd, concurrent 18-mo contract with a reseller. My point was, a customer "researches" their options and most resellers don't have much in the way of websites, so people look at Dish's information. Then they get a coupon in the mail from local company (with a local phone #, at least) and go with them. The ad lists all the same equipment, packages, pricing, etc, etc ... who would assume that the deal isn't the same ??
Ok..Missed that..Yes I worked for another retailer a few years ago when there was no commitment. As long as the Cust leased the EQ they got the Digital Home Advantage...
Onme issue was after 90 days we could no longer service EQ problems becauuse Dish would not pay us...they expected us to go out free of charge..That wasn't going ot happen. So the cust had to call Dish to get service..
The company I work for now actually has a pretty good website..We get some business from the site but not as much as I'd like to see..Most of our deals come from word of mouth, knowledge of our company by local people and the occasional times when we do direct mailings..
We use the same business rules as all other retailers..Except for the adddtitional commitment to our firm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts