Diplexing Question.

flipper2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
South Florida
I have both Voom and Directv but this applies to OTA.

I have a house wired for cable tv (basic cable is free). All the rooms are wired with cable jacks. The splitter for the cable is in my attic. I mounted an indoor terk55 antenna with great results in my attic. I then connected the cable from antenna to the jack that goes downstairs with my system is. This works where I do not need to run any extra cable to get OTA.

The question is I would like to use a Diplexor to allow the Tv to get cable or OTA. I got a diplexor on both ends of the cable but there is only a SAT and CABLE side. Is there a different frequency that OTA Antenna works from? Meaning I would need on the diplexor OTA and Cable instead of SAT and Cable.

Does this make sense, not sure how clear I was?

Diplexers usually combine/split signals of different frequencies. For example, satellite channels use completely different frequency range, than OTA. The frequency range used by cable overlaps with the frequency range used by OTA. That's all I can say. I don't think combining OTA with cable will work, but I've never really tried that myself. A professional installer would probably give you a better answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)